Turn on thread page Beta

My brother keeps saying he is worried bout uni but the reality is he has told me and many people have commented on his facebook he just doesn't go. He hasn't been this week, goes clubbing, lies in bed all day and finds out from others on the day he has assignments to hand in that day. He got poor results in his exams he did in January and still doesn't know where to get the rest of his results from or how to format assignments.

I am disgusted, he did well at A level and keeps putting the sob story on he gets bad grades but doesn't even try to attend or ask for help. My parents think he doesn't go as he emailed them at 4am (he's a night owl) bout a recipe he likes. My parents keep badgering me and ask if he goes to uni and I don't wany to get involved.

I feel for my parents as its costing them £6,000 a year in accomodation and fees to which he don't get a part time job to help. Funny cos I had to earn my own money for my degree, no help off them. I am upset he is at a very good uni so has more chance than me and is throwing away my parents earnings which they scrape for.

if i were you i would tell him exactly how i felt about it.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with dh00001.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 6, 2008
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.