The Student Room Group

GCSE Religious Studies Paper 1

What are your thoughts on this exam? Discuss below!

Scroll to see replies

Went good for me but gutted not to have completely finished the 12 markers on the Islam paper
I did Edexcel Short Course and found it very good. The topics I wanted came up. The hardest question was probably the first one due to not really knowing what they wanted :smile:
Reply 3
(WJEC EDUQAS) Not too bad honestly but it'll be a miracle if i get my predicted grade of an 8, more likely i'll get my minimum grade of a 4.
Aqa Christianity & Islam
Not horrendous but felt like it could have been better. The questions were too vague for my likings
i did christianity and judaism, man the baptism question at the end of christianity was terrible !
Original post by SilverLipa
Aqa Christianity & Islam
Not horrendous but felt like it could have been better. The questions were too vague for my likings

100% agree
did anyone do aqa judaism as part of theirs?
Reply 8
The natural causes one??
Reply 9
Original post by Goldfish4343
I did Edexcel Short Course and found it very good. The topics I wanted came up. The hardest question was probably the first one due to not really knowing what they wanted :smile:

Which question??the natural causes?
UPSET i found it hard
Reply 11
i did aqa christianity and islam, i hated the question about jummah and the one about the qur’an
I don't believe I did terribly, but the questions were utterly horrible.

So vague and ugh!
The five markers were especially bothersome, for the life of me, I could not find any reference for some of them!
And some of the questions could be interpreted in so many ways, I don't even know why AQA asked them!

And I couldn't answer one of them, but that was my own fault, tbh...

I probably lost about 15 marks...

Hopefully, thematic studies will go better!
Anyone do OCR Christianity and Islam - thought it was hard but felt I did okay
Reply 14
Same! I struggled to use quotes throughout but did refer to teachings/stories.
Original post by tanaeo
i did aqa christianity and islam, i hated the question about jummah and the one about the qur’an
I did AQA Studies B and I found the last section pretty good (eschatology), especially the 12 mark question about euthanasia

Didn't know what the magnificat was so that's 4 marks gone already, and didn't know how scientific views and genesis were similar so that's probably another 6 marks gone

I'll be happy with anything higher than a 4/5 :smile:
Original post by bw13-smo
Which question??the natural causes?

Natural suffering. What I put made sense just didn't really link to Christianity...
I did AQA Judaism and Islam some of the questions didn’t make sense!
Original post by imogendale
did anyone do aqa judaism as part of theirs?

I did did you find it difficult?
Reply 19
Does anyone have any predictions for the paper on wednesday?

Quick Reply

Latest