The Student Room Group

math help!!!!

ABCD is a rhombus such that the coordinates of A are (1, 1) and
AC = (6 )
Given that the diagonals of the rhombus intersect at the point P, find the coordinates of P.
help me how to solve this please !!
Could you upload a picture?
Reply 2
Original post by noname900
Could you upload a picture?

gcse mathb.png
(4,2)? I'm not sure, where did you get this question from?
Reply 4
(4,2)? I'm not sure, where did you get this question from?

YES IT'S (4,2) HOW ?
it's from igcse math b june 2017!
Original post by sarah5
YES IT'S (4,2) HOW ?
it's from igcse math b june 2017!

So I assumed that A to C was across. The P is intersected by both diagonals, so it should be the centre. From A to P, it should be half way to C, as it's in the centre. You have the vector (6,2), the top number is the number to the left right(right is positive, left is negative). The number 2 dictates whether it will go up or down(up is positive, down is negative). Since p is half A to C, you gotta half the vector which is the length of the line from A going to C. So you add 3 to the X coordinate and 1 to the Y coordinate.
Reply 6
So I assumed that A to C was across. The P is intersected by both diagonals, so it should be the centre. From A to P, it should be half way to C, as it's in the centre. You have the vector (6,2), the top number is the number to the left right(right is positive, left is negative). The number 2 dictates whether it will go up or down(up is positive, down is negative). Since p is half A to C, you gotta half the vector which is the length of the line from A going to C. So you add 3 to the X coordinate and 1 to the Y coordinate.

could you draw it, please
Original post by sarah5
could you draw it, please

BEst I could do.
Reply 8
BEst I could do.

OHH I got it thank you so much !!!!! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest