Turn on thread page Beta

Anyone feel a lot of the social scene is false? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naivesincerity)
    In fact, I think I've always been happiest alone.
    Me too!

I HATE false people, ewww.

ReputationRep:
    yes yes yes I was just thinking about this last night!
    I was feeling really lonely and friendless, cos I only have about 25 uni friends on Facebook, and never was a big partyer........ then I realised that other people literally add people they've met once, and take their mobile no etc..... even my bf does it. I must be more introverted that I thought, cos my Facebook friends are people I've known for ages, like 3-4 years, or at least saw on a regular basis. Id feel strange adding people I didnt really know.
    Im not a picture taker either, it would feel really strange and false to take a camera along everywhere........I prefer to enjoy whats in front of me at the time, although I do wish I had more pics of my Erasmus year, etc. Im just not a natural photographer I spose.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IzzyWizzy)
    yes yes yes I was just thinking about this last night!
    I was feeling really lonely and friendless, cos I only have about 25 uni friends on Facebook, and never was a big partyer........ then I realised that other people literally add people they've met once, and take their mobile no etc..... even my bf does it. I must be more introverted that I thought, cos my Facebook friends are people I've known for ages, like 3-4 years, or at least saw on a regular basis. Id feel strange adding people I didnt really know.
    Im not a picture taker either, it would feel really strange and false to take a camera along everywhere........I prefer to enjoy whats in front of me at the time, although I do wish I had more pics of my Erasmus year, etc. Im just not a natural photographer I spose.

I'm the same..All my close friends are the ones I've known for atleast 5 years.
    It's getting to the stage where some people just go out for the sake of putting pictures up on facebook, just to prove they have "life".
    aargh

ReputationRep:
    I don't think facebook/myspace should be used as any sort of gauge for how much of an introvert/extrovert someone is and having close friends that you've known for five years doesn't make you any better than someone whose become close friends with someone they've only known for a year.

Taking numbers of people you meet at uni doesn't make you a bad person either, just means you're willing to make an effort to get to know people.

ReputationRep:
    It's easy to think extroverted people are being OTT when you're an introvert - I've been through this myself. But when I'm having a good time I am still very genuine about wanting to go out loads and can't sit still. It's just called personality.

ReputationRep:
    exacto

ReputationRep:
    It's obviously not your scene, but I don't think it's fair to judge people who are enjoying themselves on a night out as "false". I just dance and have fun and be happy Plus, there's usually the meeting up or dinner before we go out, and that's always nice because I get to have a chat with my friends and listen to music I like. Nothing false about it...

With the facebook photos - I just want to see them to remind me of the good times, and a lot of them have a hilarity value (from fancy dress, etc) that make them worth seeing! I rarely take my camera out - so I'm very thankful for facebook, otherwise I probably wouldn't see half of them! I have on occassion gone out, and actually avoided the camera because I haven't had a chance to put on any makeup or just feel a bit ugly - but I still have a good night.

And that's also taking into account the past few weeks when I've cut back my drinking to almost nothing because I am too poor.

ReputationRep:
    The more I read through this thread the more I come round to i am a duck's point of view which is quite an achievement because i'm normally a bit stubborn. The thing is that even though I like to go out a lot, I know that i'm happier when sitting in watching TV with my mates. That doesn't mean that i'm false for going out; because I enjoy that too, even if its not as much. I think a night out is a bit of an escape from the day-to-day and thats why it can be seen as false. It's not the way we normally act.

ReputationRep:
    i love going out and meeting new people and the prospect of seeing and doing new things really excites me but at the same time, i'd be just excited and happy if i was just going round to my friends house to play xbox live and troll the internet

(Original post by naivesincerity)
    But there doesn't seem to be anyone else who is too.:confused:

there are but they're all faking being extroverts,everything is so false and when i go out with these people the conversation is so false ,and i find myself staring blankly into space,.

ReputationRep:
    You brought up a 7 month old topic to tell us that?! Thanks... I guess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeeC)
    Oh yeh definately! A significant number of people go out for a night out thinking that they are performing in a play/think that they are in Skins!
    lol

ReputationRep:
    Strong bump.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 13, 2008
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.