AQA economics results + discussion thread Watch

Potential100
Badges: 1
Report 10 years ago
URGENT:

For unit4/EU report module, my teacher said you should make headings (based on the bullet points your told to discuss) and underline them and then write that part of the report under each heading. Is this right? how should i structure unit 4? Does anyone have any link to model answers or examples of completed unit 4 reports.

thanks
Potential100
Report 10 years ago
BUMP- could someone please answer my above question
prash_s90
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Potential100)
URGENT:

For unit4/EU report module, my teacher said you should make headings (based on the bullet points your told to discuss) and underline them and then write that part of the report under each heading. Is this right? how should i structure unit 4? Does anyone have any link to model answers or examples of completed unit 4 reports.

thanks
i did a heading for each bullet point and then wrote it like mini essays. Its really not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. Just go into the exam, and think like an economist
02mik_e
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
how can i get full marks on the A part of the DRQ? i keep getting 2 or 3 marks
Mastermind`
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
What does everyone think will come up on ECN5 + ECN6?

I've neglected my revision for Economics lately. Will start again tomorrow.
prash_s90
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
anything could !! even though you have an option in the essay parts. The DRQ is fixed, so anything could come up !!
forever_love31
Report 10 years ago
I got pretty good marks for the first 3 modules
ECN1 84/105
ECN2 98/105
ECN3 90/90
But ECN 5 was totally a disater.
I'm sitting ECN5 and ECN6 this June , any tips for me.
Just so many topics , i dont know which one is more important .
jjbristol
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm quite confident about unit 2 and unit 3, already done unit 1 but if anyone needs or wants to share any advice that'd be cool
prash_s90
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by forever_love31)
I got pretty good marks for the first 3 modules
ECN1 84/105
ECN2 98/105
ECN3 90/90
But ECN 5 was totally a disater.
I'm sitting ECN5 and ECN6 this June , any tips for me.
Just so many topics , i dont know which one is more important .
how come you did bad in ECN5???
k4j8i5a
Report 10 years ago
I'm about to take units 1, 2 and 3. I can do the multiple choice questions, but i'm finding the DRQ quite difficult, mostly for exam technique - especially in unit 3.
Any advice? I've looked at markschemes, but don't really know where to start. Does anyone have a set way to answer the DRQs?
jjbristol
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
k4j i find that in unit 1 and 2 if you do three paragraphs, one per point, each one well evaluated, dont rush them and try to make them quite long, with a few diagrams and a reference to the data as well as a decent conclusion you're okay.

in unit 3 it's the same really for the 15 mark and in some ways it can be easier as you can mix the micro from unit 1 with the macro from unit 2 so there's a lot of material. which topic do you do for 3? i'm doing housing
02mik_e
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jjbristol)
I'm quite confident about unit 2 and unit 3, already done unit 1 but if anyone needs or wants to share any advice that'd be cool
what are you doing for unit 3? i am not sure whether i have asked you this already
Potential100
Report 10 years ago
Seriously can someone please talk about recent events in Europe that we should know about for the Unit 4 module.
I mean everyone is saying don't revise for it you just use unit 5 and 6 stuff. But surely some knowledge of Europe must be required.
k4j8i5a
Report 10 years ago
Thanks for the advice, i'm doing housing for unit 3. Have you done any specific preparation for it?
Also, in the 15 markers do you put any definitions, explaining the concepts and terms in the question?
02mik_e
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jjbristol)
k4j i find that in unit 1 and 2 if you do three paragraphs, one per point, each one well evaluated, dont rush them and try to make them quite long, with a few diagrams and a reference to the data as well as a decent conclusion you're okay.

in unit 3 it's the same really for the 15 mark and in some ways it can be easier as you can mix the micro from unit 1 with the macro from unit 2 so there's a lot of material. which topic do you do for 3? i'm doing housing
for the evaluating part would you use a phrase such as " I believe..."
zahra_89
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
And use phrases like 'It depends...'
02mik_e
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
ok then thanks
prash_s90
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Potential100)
Seriously can someone please talk about recent events in Europe that we should know about for the Unit 4 module.
I mean everyone is saying don't revise for it you just use unit 5 and 6 stuff. But surely some knowledge of Europe must be required.
you should have a basic understanding of what Eu does etc...but anything after that is unnecessary. But it depends how comfortable you are
adrenaline1989
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
How are people with revision for unit 5 and 6. I'm all but done, just brushing up on a few concepts and coming to terms with the terminology.

What do people reckon will come up? Also, I was checking the grade boundaries earlier, and is it true that 50/100 (raw mark) equates to 57/90 UMS. It does mention this in the june 2006 exam report, and I checked this in the june 2005 exam report aswell, and the marking system was very similar.
adrenaline1989
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by prash_s90)
you should have a basic understanding of what Eu does etc...but anything after that is unnecessary. But it depends how comfortable you are
Correct.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    MA Performance Design and Practice Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Jan '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
  • SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (57)
19.39%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (119)
40.48%
Nope, not that interesting (118)
40.14%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise