Turn on thread page Beta

How would you feel if the not-British population left? watch

ReputationRep:
    So I was talking with my mother and I ask how she would feel if the not-British population left tomorrow, she said 'relieved'. So how would you feel?

When I say not-British population I mean all those people who aren't ethnically British or of ancestry within Britain. So the Asians, Africans, Jews, Eastern/Southern Europeans and recent immigrants from North Western Europe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clockrice)
    So I was talking with my mother and I ask how she would feel if the not-British population left tomorrow, she said 'relieved'. So how would you feel?

When I say not-British population I mean all those people who aren't ethnically British or of ancestry within Britain. So the Asians, Africans, Jews, Eastern/Southern Europeans and recent immigrants from North Western Europe.
    honestly, quite upset. some of my closest friends are “not-British” and i’d obviously miss them a lot, but even on top of that the thought of Britons becoming that intolerant is quite unnerving.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    i'd be a bit lost. both of my parents are non-british.

ReputationRep:

I’d feel nothing as there is no reason for them to leave and no one will make them.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster

So are we just talking about the black , brown and yellow ones or are you including the white ones in there?

Are the Americans, Canadians, Dutch, Irish, French , Italians and Germans included?

ReputationRep:
    The economy and the NHS would die almost instantly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    So are we just talking about the black , brown and yellow ones or are you including the white ones in there?

Are the Americans, Canadians, Dutch, Irish, French , Italians and Germans included?
    Such a silly question.

ReputationRep:
    So anyone who is white can stay?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Why would you even have that conversation?

A) It's racist.
    B) It's not feasibly possible - many people of foreign descent are now UK citizens and aren't citizens of any other country, so even if you wanted to you couldn't make them leave. They've got nowhere else to go. This is their home.
    C) It's never going to happen, so it's a pointless conversation. Why not discuss what efforts the UK could make to better integrate immigrant populations?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I'd be upset because it means my mum would leave.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by The Relic)
    Such a silly question.
    Why is it silly? I am asking for clarification.
    The OP merely needs to answer and then we know where we are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Why is it silly? I am asking for clarification.
    The OP merely needs to answer and then we know where we are.
    Oh god :/

ReputationRep:
    Idk about that, i'd feel like that's unfair. It would have it's benefits as well as negatives. No matter what. Even if someone said if we got rid of all white people from Britain. Even that would have benefits as well as the negatives.

But related to this. Everyone who isn't fluent in English definitely should have to leave. I just find that disrespectful tbh.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Oh god :/
    Do try and say something that adds to the discussion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrawTheLine)
    RIP DrawDeLine's mama. She might send cool post cards from Machu Picchu and stuff though?

Such a silly question.
    Well, it tends to be the case that people calling for the removal of immigrants really mean "them ones that aren't white". The Irish and other Western Europeans tend to be safe from the judgement of the xenophobic.

I would be quite disappointed because all my favourite take-aways would promptly become defunct, and I might have to eat healthily. Of course, this would marry with the NHS's being inoperative also. Rather ideal, then, that I would have less of a need to use it.

ReputationRep:
    Sad.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Notoriety)
    RIP DrawDeLine's mama. She might send cool post cards from Machu Picchu and stuff though?
    Wrong side of the world :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrawTheLine)
    Where is your mother from?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Where is your mother from?
    Finland

ReputationRep:

Is this thread really necessary?

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.