The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Sounds like this is more about your views than your mother's.
Reply 61
Original post by Doonesbury
"my people"? Who are your people?

The British people. Are you denying the existence of my people?
Reply 62
Hi William :wink:
The Royal family is of german descent, but I guess thats fine as long as your skin is white
Reply 64
Original post by Clockrice
The British people. Are you denying the existence of my people?

Yup. Do you mean the...

Celts or Picts?
Romans?
Angles? Saxons?
Viking?
Normans?

Which particular group of invaders are your Brit(ish). Such a good word for it isn't it... Brit-ish. All of "your people" are almost, but not quite, Brits.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 66
What a thoroughly bizarre question.
Reply 67
Original post by Clockrice
Look at history. The French Canadians are distinct from the British Canadians, the Portuguese in Brazil are distinct from the natives and Africans, the Afrikaner are distinct from the African tribes. People form their own nations in other lands, this is the reality. People hold to their own nation and people. Nothing you or I can do about this, nothing the British state can do about it. So better to just accept it, but in doing that, it means two options. We have a multi-racial/multi-cultural/multi-nation area which will break apart into massive violence then the state loses control. Or the other option is the state over a generation reverses its current policy, and all those not-British people return to their own nation.

I must also add that it is highly offensive for not-British people to claim they are British, like my people are distinct and don't exist.

Wow just wow.. I can see now that you are just racist and if you think 'your' british people are so pure maybe have a look further than 100 years and see that this british you are talking about is a mixture of a number of different types of people.
Irish?

Also, what do "jews" have to do with "ethnicity"/"ancestry"?

And on that basis, what about atheists?

All sounds a bit "first they came for the..."

Many Jewish people consider being Jewish an ethnicity, not a mere religion. There are many atheists who identify as Jewish.
What I noticed from your responses is that you don’t know the history of England. This discussion simply doesn’t work if you look way back in the past.
Reply 70
Original post by The Champion.m4a
Many Jewish people consider being Jewish an ethnicity, not a mere religion. There are many atheists who identify as Jewish.

Just shows how complicated it all is doesn't it.
Hungry
Reply 72
Original post by Hiro2468
What I noticed from your responses is that you don’t know the history of England. This discussion simply doesn’t work if you look way back in the past.

And I thought this was about Britishness, not Englishness...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by The Champion.m4a

strange
And I thought this was about Britishness, not Englishness...

Posted from TSR Mobile

just answer the question :laugh:

Im assuming op is on about citizenship, not ethnicity wtf
Reply 75
Original post by Bang Outta Order
just answer the question :laugh:

Im assuming op is on about citizenship, not ethnicity wtf

Not when they talk about Afrikaaners vs indingenous africans. They are talking about their view of Brit(ish) ethnicity.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not when they talk about Afrikaaners vs indingenous africans. They are talking about their view of Brit(ish) ethnicity.

Posted from TSR Mobile

lol oh nvm then, I didnt read the OP, I just answered the title. :s-smilie: in regards to citizenship, would you care if foreigners ****ed off? lol
You’ll be waiting approximately 4 years, 71 weeks, 40 days, 47 hours, a million minutes and a billion seconds for an appointment.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 78
After seeing this thread, I believe that maybe Brits themselves should leave.

The topic of this thread should be the worrying answer of your mother. "Relieved". Seriously? This is actually quite similar to Hitler's wish to completely eliminate everybody who wasn't of the Aryan super-race.

I, for one, am offended.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 79
Original post by Hiro2468

We live in the present, we don't live in the past. The truth is the British people and nations exist. You need to stop denying the existence of my people.

Latest

Trending

Trending