The Student Room Group

Should I talk about maths and/or physics in a chemistry PS?

Hey All,

I'm going to apply for chemistry, biochemistry courses at UCL, ICL, Edinburgh and King's (not quite decided which particular ones yet though). I have read chemistry books and articles so could conceivably write a PS that talks solely about chem/biochem, however I think I would be able to write a more interesting one if I were to use/include things I've read/done/interested in in maths and theoretical physics.

But I don't know wether this is advisable or not. Would it matter what science topics went into chemistry PS or should I keep it purely chemistry content?

Many Thanks.
Original post by HenriHariAlbert
Hey All,

I'm going to apply for chemistry, biochemistry courses at UCL, ICL, Edinburgh and King's (not quite decided which particular ones yet though). I have read chemistry books and articles so could conceivably write a PS that talks solely about chem/biochem, however I think I would be able to write a more interesting one if I were to use/include things I've read/done/interested in in maths and theoretical physics.

But I don't know wether this is advisable or not. Would it matter what science topics went into chemistry PS or should I keep it purely chemistry content?

Many Thanks.

Your focus should very much be on what you are applying to study. Otherwise unis may think that you have applied to the wrong course i.e natural sciences.
Original post by alleycat393
Your focus should very much be on what you are applying to study. Otherwise unis may think that you have applied to the wrong course i.e natural sciences.

I plan on applying for natsci at Cambridge and UCL, but ICL and Edinburgh don't have these courses so half of my applications would be just to chem/biochem, and I'm not sure how much it would matter to discuss other sciences.
Original post by HenriHariAlbert
I plan on applying for natsci at Cambridge and UCL, but ICL and Edinburgh don't have these courses so half of my applications would be just to chem/biochem, and I'm not sure how much it would matter to discuss other sciences.

Well you really need to choose. You cannot apply to such a wide range of courses. Ideally it should be nat sci and maybe one science.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending