OCR Media Studies Critical Research Project??? Watch

becca_xo
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Helloo,

Got my A2 Level results today... got a C in media studies and i was hoping to do better, and this was the highest in my class .. the thing is, out of over 200 people only 6 got an A. Most people got D/E's. After posting on another thread i got a msg from another member on here, he also thought there was something wrong with the media marks?! anyone else thought this at all?

xx
jenn_100
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
yep, our school were really disappointed with our marks, i got a B when i really needed and expected an A, but quite few got ungraded, Ds and Es.
putonatutu
Report 10 years ago
Yep

I did the media AS. Media is by far my best subject I always do well was hoping for an A but would have settled for a B or C wot the hell I got an E.

Rachael
Vicerine
Report 10 years ago
Yeah, I usually get A's in Media, and I got a D for this module. Everyone did badly in Media at my school. I don't think anyone got much above a D. Lots of people with E's and U's. I think they're sending them off to be remarked. Apparently it's something to do with harsh marking becauseof the recent attention to Media studies being a 'Mickey Mouse' A level, and an easy A.
putonatutu
Report 10 years ago
My media teacher today was disappointed with the results. Had selected about 6 students to have theirs remarked. This did not include me but I put my case for a remark accoss well. so he said Ok if you feel that strongly about it and agreed to my request. (the school pay for the remarks!)
lulu_dudette
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Ditto at my college. No one got above a B!

A few of us were really shocked at the results esp considering most of us were predicted A or B!

Seems to be trend....
muffinmice
Report 10 years ago
it's your own fault for taking such a rubbish subject, why not take english language instead?!
lulu_dudette
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
^^^ helpful!
Quicky
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by muffinmice)
it's your own fault for taking such a rubbish subject, why not take english language instead?!
after reading your profile and academic info, this line here
anyway, pleased to meet you, hope we can be friends i don't have many!!
couldn't be any further from the truth. Just relax, this isn't a competition.

EDIT - actually, after reading your past 6 posts, in combination with your profile, it seems way too obvious of what kind of a person you are. troll, surely?
jenn_100
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

do you have first hand knowledge of it being a rubbish subject??

english language is a completely different subject...its like saying "why take business studies? why not take physics instead?"
muffinmice
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jenn_100)
do you have first hand knowledge of it being rubbish subject??

english language is a completely different subject...its like saying "why take business studies? why not take physics instead?"
Don't be ignorant, it was merley an example, or maybe your small brain can't handle that?
jenn_100
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Don't be ignorant, it was merley an example, or maybe your small brain can't handle that?

That's rude. You're the one appearing ignorant.

And it's spelt 'merely'.
muffinmice
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jenn_100)
That's rude. You're the one appearing ignorant.

And it's spelt 'merely'.
I am aware of that, I've been told to "slang down" my writing when it comes to internet/text conversations so i fit in more, so I've been trying to spell things incorrectly, but not so people can realize, just so I can send a subliminal message that i am "normal".. if that makes sense?
jenn_100
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Haha no it doesn't....if i were you and my aim was to "fit in more", i'd concentrate more on being slightly nicer.

You spell things wrongly on purpose so you appear "normal"? That's hard to believe...normal people can spell.
danielle247247
Report 10 years ago
Please help im studying crime in the media and would appreciate if you could answer following questions:

What are your opinions on terrorism and the way it is presented to us, the public? Do you believe the conspiracy theories?’

Thanks!! Also does any1 have any examples of 4 pages? xx
sassy_girl
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Arrh media is giving me a headache and i need an A in my Critical Research paper..Im worried now bout how it's going to go. I probably have less to worry about with English Lang & Lit
Beaumont
Report 10 years ago
if i was to give any info, (to anyone) i would suggest you don't make your question/hypothesis too broad. keep it concise and focused on one thing, i got a D in my jan exam because i think mine was too broad and had so much to talk about in little time. i'm thinking now of just focusing my research on 2 films, (City of God and Carandiru 4 Brazilian Cinema).
metalcoremaz
Report 10 years ago
what about this for a question ?

why tv drama captures audience popularity to such a high degree?
(with special reference to prison break)

im pretty happy with it, you guys think its ok??
mr_magoo
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
does any1 know what we can put in the notes, i know ur not allowed continuous prose...does that mean if i was to write the first few words of each paragraph (as a prompt) it would be allowed?
i've already written the answers just tryin to figure out how to remember them
jenn_100
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by mr_magoo)
does any1 know what we can put in the notes, i know ur not allowed continuous prose...does that mean if i was to write the first few words of each paragraph (as a prompt) it would be allowed?
i've already written the answers just tryin to figure out how to remember them

I wrote out my answers with a bullet point for each paragraph. I put everything in the correct order with loads of statistics and any 'technical' language i thought i might forget. 4 pages is a huge amount, so u can literally write out ur whole exam beforehand, u dont have to just put the first few words. e.g if u want to write "It has been shown that 70% of children watch between 2 to 3 hours of television a day" put in ur notes, "70% kids - 2/3hrs tv"
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
  • University of Buckingham
    Open Evening Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18

Do you like exams?