IzzyIzzy
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi there
I am going to apply for uni degree. On a market, there are different names of the programs, some of the universities call the program BUSINESS MANAGEMENT and other universities give courses that call BUSINESS AND MANAGEMENT. What is the actual difference between them? Are the courses deliver the same sort of program and they just call differently? Or their different name is for a reason, as they are different courses? The names of modules differ slightly too. I am a little bit confused and I would like to know if I am going to study in the correct direction.
Thanks for any advice
Izzy
LeapingLucy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
There isn't a huge difference between management and business courses - most universities will only offer one or the other.

What you need to look into is the individual modules that each university course offers, and how much choice you have in selecting modules, to work out what the right courses are for you.

And don't worry if you end up applying to a mixture of business & management courses, that's perfectly normal.
IzzyIzzy
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Thank you for your answer.
I understand that business itself as well and management itself is very similar to each other.
But I am no native English language student and when I try to translate both courses in my head I understand them slightly different? I mean the BUSINESS MANAGEMENT I understand as management of a business as a whole, but when I am thinking of BUSINESS AND MANAGEMENT I understand this as two separate subjects, mean I will study business as a business and management as a management, so as two separate subjects on one course. It is really hard for me to explain what I mean.
I have looked onto the modules of few universities, but it is really hard for me to say if that what they offer is that what I need to study if that makes sense.
Generally, I am not comparing the content or the meaning of MANAGEMENT as one part, to BUSINESS as a second part. I am not comparing those two words. But I am comparing the whole uni degree title where the one is BUSINESS MANAGEMENT and the second is BUSINESS AND MANAGEMENT.
If NTU offers course BUSINESS MANAGEMENT 3 yearly program, and I compare it to the University of Derby where the course call BUSINESS AND MANAGEMENT also 3 yearly, does it mean that both courses will give me the same opportunity to get a job in the same field, and earn, let say, £30,000/annum in the future? Has the degree name any influence on that? Or can I meet a situation that somebody(my potential employer) tells me that I should possess the BUSINESS MANAGEMENT DEGREE rather then BUSINESS AND MANAGEMENT DEGREE, because they not the same and cover different things?
I am sorry for that. It is just me....
Thanks again
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (167)
61.4%
Yes- I don't like it (11)
4.04%
No- I want it (74)
27.21%
No- I don't want it (20)