Turn on thread page Beta

Strange title but im a guy 25 and quiet kind sweet, but never stands up for them selves,I get pissed off like anyone but sometimes I just want to be a man, get angry, shout etc.

Instead I like to cry, be kinda girlie as I like weepies, hanging around with girls more than boys(cept when drinking when im a man but still nervous lol)

ReputationRep:
    Are you straight? Just a Question?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    lol just because people do that doesn't mean they're gay and fancy the same sex!

ReputationRep:
    Lol I had a dream last night about men suddenly being allowed to cry so I cried histerically for ages. It used to be the colour of clothes that made people think men are gay. Now wearing a pink shirt is accepted, crying has been highlighted as the gay man trait.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M15T3R CH4RL35)
    It used to be the colour of clothes that made people think men are gay. Now wearing a pink shirt is accepted, crying has been highlighted as the gay man trait.

Haven't u ever heard the saying, "it takes a big man to cry? but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man"

Just cos men cry, doesnt mean they are gay. I have a friend who thinks men that cry are just really sensitive guys..hm, People stereotype too much.

:ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Strange title but im a guy 25 and quiet kind sweet, but never stands up for them selves,I get pissed off like anyone but sometimes I just want to be a man, get angry, shout etc.

Instead I like to cry, be kinda girlie as I like weepies, hanging around with girls more than boys(cept when drinking when im a man but still nervous lol)
    Why do you feel that being a man involves screaming and shouting? I'd have thought that was more the indicicative of a boy.

Raz

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

I wouldn't worry about it mate, that is probably just your character/personality. Getting angry and shouting is just one form of chanelling emotion as is crying, at least this was you aren't gonna piss other people off as much. Nothing wrong with being sensitive and it doesn't mean you can't stand up for yourself. Standing up for yourself isn't about shouting and screaming and challenging people to fights, it can just mean being confident in your opinion and voicing it.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think that it is likely that the way that you are is as a result of you having too little testosterone. I think you are just a nice guy, there is nothing wrong with that I know plenty of guys who are like you. Why would you want to be one of those men who get angry and shout and scare the people around you? What you have is much better you are someone who is in touch with their emotions. The fact that you have more female friends isn't a bad thing either.

There can't be any harm in trying to increase your confidence but that doesn't mean you should be aiming to be angry. Just be yourself.

ReputationRep:
    Ultimately...girls want a lover, not a fighter. Someone who will take care of them, understand them, not go all macho and egotistical trying to be brave, getting them worried. Surely, crying is more constructive than shouting and breaking things (for you and those around you).

ReputationRep:
    Oh...though not being able to stand up for oneself is a kind of flaw, i think you can work on it. Think about something you're passionate about, if you can't standup for yourself, stand up for others. You don't have to use force, start by reasoning things out in your head when someone says something offensive or that you disagree with....give yourself enough reasons to stand up to their influence, not just get swayed. Once you've learned to standup for your own beliefs, you can stand up for others' and develop it from there.

For example...take your favourite food....imagine someone saying that food tastes terrible, it should only be dogfood and that someother food is better...stand up for your own food!!! Tell them they're not gonna change your views. Remember, the only person who can really make you feel a certain way is yourself, you're not standing up against anyone else, just your weaker half, master your own thoughts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by talespirit)
    Ultimately...girls want a lover, not a fighter. Someone who will take care of them, understand them, not go all macho and egotistical trying to be brave, getting them worried. Surely, crying is more constructive than shouting and breaking things (for you and those around you).
    That just really reminded me of Michael Jackson... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EvilSheep)
    That just really reminded me of Michael Jackson... :rolleyes:
    How could it possibly remind you of a child molester (that's what i see him as plus a walking skeleton anyway)?:eek: I actually got it from Troy. :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by talespirit)
    How could it possibly remind you of a child molester (that's what i see him as plus a walking skeleton anyway)?:eek: I actually got it from Troy. :P

Cos he says that in a song, 'The Girl Is Mine.. . "I'm a lover, not a fighter"

ReputationRep:
    you can usually tell how much test you have by looking how developed you are manly wise. ridges in the forehead, stocky shoulders, etc etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dac.)
    you can usually tell how much test you have by looking how developed you are manly wise. ridges in the forehead, stocky shoulders, etc etc.
    not necessarily... best way is to have a blood test. And to the OP, lol you want to be like those annoying animals who howls on friday nights and drools like a *****?

ReputationRep:
    You can have some of my testosterone...I have way too much of it for a girl ¬___¬

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xeromancer)
    You can have some of my testosterone...I have way too much of it for a girl ¬___¬
    you a toughie?

ReputationRep:
    To my detriment yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M15T3R CH4RL35)
    Lol I had a dream last night about men suddenly being allowed to cry so I cried histerically for ages. It used to be the colour of clothes that made people think men are gay. Now wearing a pink shirt is accepted, crying has been highlighted as the gay man trait.
    Wearing pink has never been acceptable lol

ReputationRep:
    Apparently it's not pink, it's salmon LOL

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 7, 2008
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.