The Student Room Group

Stumped! Come and help please.

Hello people, I need some help!

I am in the process of choosing my universities and I am choosing out of Sheffield, Bath and Cardiff, for a Mathematics degree. I really don’t know how to decide, I have visited all 3 universities but I liked them all.
Has anyone got any advice as too which one is the best to go to, or just advice as too how to come to a decision.

For the people coming from these specific Unis, I could do with some specific advice so please say if you wouldnt mind a PM, especially if you are studying maths!

Thanks so much, Joe
Reply 1
In general terms, if you like all 3 and you have the grades to meet all 3 offers, the other factor to consider is the courses. Does one have modules that you prefer, or involve things that you are not fond of or particularly good at? You could look at contact time, assessment methods etc. and get a feel for the differences.
Also, they are all in different parts of the country. Have you considered travel and distance from home, if that matters to you?
Reply 2
hes already stumped. so i believe what he need most at this point of time are answers rather than questions.
Reply 3
You liked the universities, but what about the cities???! I think what Lizj said is very good, you have to go through the courses and see what modules you'd have, and then decide whether you like some of the combos more than others...
Reply 4
anyone who have been to either 3 places or actually studied there please help this guy.
If you like them all the same, and the courses are all the same or v similar and you'd be happy at them all then you need to think about the other factors involved - clubs, societies etc that you want to be involved in (one of my choices had loads and one has a few), distance / ease of travel to places you want to be - home / shopping / mates. Whether you want a city of a campus etc. Go on second visits - things look so different in a different season and when the uni is open as opposed to open days when usually the unis are empty of real students.

Personally I loved Bath
what elfin doll said.
But Sheffield tho!
And PM me if u want, I dont know about the others, but im at Sheffield uni now.
Cardiff and Sheffield are cheap to live in, especially when compared to bath.
Reply 8
See the course I think is better at Bath, but I get the feeling I would enjoy life more in Cardiff or Sheffield.
However I dont want to regret not going to Bath if I had the chance in 3 years time...
Reply 9
bath has a better rep in general and for mathematics, but on the other hand the nightlife sucks compared to sheffield and cardiff.

Latest