The Student Room Group

OCR MEI AS MATHS NEW SPEC PURE AND MECHANICS H630/1 - 16th May 2018

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Chloet5827
Honestly for pure and mechanics I got question 1 right (the surds one) so that’s 2 marks or whatever it was, question 2 the binomial expansion I think I got right and I think that was 3 marks and the vectors one I got a is -4 and b is 12 and my friends got that too so I think that is right and that was like 3 marks question 4 the pulley I like attempted but it’s not right and I couldn’t even write expressions the other mechanics question about a boat or pond or whatever it was I had a go but yet again I didn’t get anywhere with it the integration area under a curve I didn’t get 9 but I did integrate correctly so I hope I get some method marks and the differentiation question I differentiated and got -4 and then did y=1/4x + 1 and that’s all I did for that and question ten the Rory one I got t is 2.5 but I couldn’t do the rest of the question and question 11 I missed out because I’m pretty sure that question was just rubbish. So I only got about 15-20 marks so I’m going to fail when I have got a’s and b’s all year

I think I might be able to help you do well in the next paper, i'll pm you
Original post by Tygasga

Thankyou! :smile:
Original post by Tygasga

Pm me as well. I feel like i failed that paper as well.
Original post by Tygasga

can you pm me aswell? feel like i need some help too! thanks
Original post by Tygasga

Pls to help me also
Original post by Tygasga

and me too please
Hi could somebody list all the advantages and disadvantages of the sampling techniques we need to know? I’m really stuck and I have a feeling it’s going to come up :frown:
Hi could everybody go and look at the thread I made called 'list of revision for ocr mei pure and stats' and add to it please :smile:
How did everyone find the exam
I think it was better then pure and mechanics. However there was so many 1 marker explanation questions which i probably got wrong. Who got A is 500 and K was 1.044 for last question. Who got A>8 for the root question. Who got (0.5,12) for the stationary point and it was minimum. Who got the proof question i did (2x+1) and (2x+3) and got 8 out of the brackets. The last question on the first page what is the probability x1=x2 was hard. That circle queston was tricky but i got in the end you had to find equation of the Line L and the equation of the circle( the radius was 2 squareroot 2) and then find the discriminant. The discriminant when you did b squared minus 4 ac gave zero therefore it was a tangent. The Probablity Steps question was tricky i did day 8 minus day 1. Then added up day 2 up to Day 8 and divided it by 6 and got some high number something like that. I think the test in difficulty was like 70 percent easy 30 percent hard. The hard question were most likely the one marker explanations. First question I got 4 and -1
Original post by lionike123
I think it was better then pure and mechanics. However there was so many 1 marker explanation questions which i probably got wrong. Who got A is 500 and K was 1.044 for last question. Who got A>8 for the root question. Who got (0.5,12) for the stationary point and it was minimum. Who got the proof question i did (2x+1) and (2x+3) and got 8 out of the brackets. The last question on the first page what is the probability x1=x2 was hard. That circle queston was tricky but i got in the end you had to find equation of the Line L and the equation of the circle( the radius was 2 squareroot 2) and then find the discriminant. The discriminant when you did b squared minus 4 ac gave zero therefore it was a tangent. The Probablity Steps question was tricky i did day 8 minus day 1. Then added up day 2 up to Day 8 and divided it by 6 and got some high number something like that. I think the test in difficulty was like 70 percent easy 30 percent hard. The hard question were most likely the one marker explanations. First question I got 4 and -1

I couldn’t do the first logs one I got a is 1/4 for the first log one but couldn’t do it so don’t think that’s right. And then the circle one was really difficult even though it was just circles and I couldn’t do it. I got a > 8 so the same as you and I did the exact same proof. I got the same stationary point and I got it was a minimum too. For hypothesis testing I got there is sufficient evidence so reject H0 in favour of h1. Couldn’t do the last question to do with A and K and N and loved the question on mean and standard deviation to do with steps and that did you do mean + (standard deviation x 2) and mean - (standard deviation x 2) to see if the number of steps was unusually high and then got it was an outlier so it was unusually high.
Original post by Chloet5827
I couldn’t do the first logs one I got a is 1/4 for the first log one but couldn’t do it so don’t think that’s right. And then the circle one was really difficult even though it was just circles and I couldn’t do it. I got a > 8 so the same as you and I did the exact same proof. I got the same stationary point and I got it was a minimum too. For hypothesis testing I got there is sufficient evidence so reject H0 in favour of h1. Couldn’t do the last question to do with A and K and N and loved the question on mean and standard deviation to do with steps and that did you do mean + (standard deviation x 2) and mean - (standard deviation x 2) to see if the number of steps was unusually high and then got it was an outlier so it was unusually high.

Also I guessed -1 for the second log lol
I didn’t think it was easy at all. I thought some of it was quite hard especially the last one
That **** was awesome. So much easier than paper 1. Pls not too high grade boundaries tho 🙏
Reply 94
Original post by lionike123

quite a lot of those answers are correct, Q1 was 4 and -1, the circle question is also right, the proof probably is correct but i did it a different way, the radius of the circle I got was root 20, the doscriminant was correct, the derivative was a minimum, the mean question was higher than usual by around 5000 steps, I have no idea about the final question haha
Yeah I got root 20 also. For the last question I put A = 500, k = 1.004, then worked out N as 750ish for part two so I said it wasn't consistent. Then for part 3 I said the model =500 when t = 0 and a couple other things and then part 5 I put that it doesn't include fluctuations above 750
Reply 96
Original post by Kingof42ndStreet
Yeah I got root 20 also. For the last question I put A = 500, k = 1.004, then worked out N as 750ish for part two so I said it wasn't consistent. Then for part 3 I said the model =500 when t = 0 and a couple other things and then part 5 I put that it doesn't include fluctuations above 750

was that seriously it for the last question! how did you know A was 500 if N was 500? that's what threw me off
Reply 97
Original post by j.woods
was that seriously it for the last question! how did you know A was 500 if N was 500? that's what threw me off

N was the final number of the flies after t number of days so a is your starting number
Yh thats what i did. it was an exponential. People did Ln and Log when it was simple hence why it was only two marks.
Reply 99
Original post by xRazar
N was the final number of the flies after t number of days so a is your starting number

that was the only formula I completely forgot about haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending