The Student Room Group

AQA Biology Paper 1 15th May - Feelings, Predictions?

What do you think's going to come up? Are you nervous? Also, anyone got any tips for remembering circulatory system order in the heart? I always mess it up lmao

Scroll to see replies

Simple way to get grade 6 minimum:

REVISE MARK SCHEME.

3 marker question: 3 simple logical sentences.
4 marker question: 4 simple logical sentences.
5 marker question: 5 simple logical sentences
6 marker question: 6 simple logical sentences

it is as simple as that.
am i the only one here to do most of my revision through freesciencelessons or primrosekitten???
Reply 3
Im feeling so stressed out like my minimum grade I want to get for bio is a 7 and if i got a 8 I'd be over the moon
Have a go at my practice papers - they are quite helpful. https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5356838

3 sets of papers. Set 1 on first page, Set 2 on second and Set 3 on third.
Reply 5
Original post by ibbyk2001
am i the only one here to do most of my revision through freesciencelessons or primrosekitten???

I used those for my mocks but majority of my revision has been done using this website called senecalearning deffo recommend. However before the bio exam I am gonna watch Primrose Kittens one hour video for last min prep
I have a feeling about food tests and maybe digestive system. I hope theres a marker about how blood moves through the heart, but i doubt it.
Original post by Fazzy_77
I have a feeling about food tests and maybe digestive system. I hope theres a marker about how blood moves through the heart, but i doubt it.

I think food tests will be on it. The heart question, however, was on the specimen, so I doubt it will be in the exam. This is for AQA Higher.
Reply 8
Original post by Fazzy_77

I feel like whatever was not on the specimen papers has a high chance of coming on this exam and yes i think the practical on food tests will come up. I keep getting confused with it though
Reply 9
no thats how i did it too. so helpful
Reply 10
Original post by alphabetagam
Have a go at my practice papers - they are quite helpful. https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5356838

3 sets of papers. Set 1 on first page, Set 2 on second and Set 3 on third.

I do triple not combined but thanks anyway!
Reply 11
Original post by EverythingChina
Simple way to get grade 6 minimum:

REVISE MARK SCHEME.

3 marker question: 3 simple logical sentences.
4 marker question: 4 simple logical sentences.
5 marker question: 5 simple logical sentences
6 marker question: 6 simple logical sentences

it is as simple as that.

that's pretty obvious though. also, a lot of questions require you to evaluate/explain - the sentences must be extended for those.
Original post by wilksojack14
I think food tests will be on it. The heart question, however, was on the specimen, so I doubt it will be in the exam. This is for AQA Higher.

yep i agree and the heart was on the set 2- locked specimen papers. There could be a practical on microscopy or culturing micro-organsims
Reply 13
Original post by amirxh.a
yep i agree and the heart was on the set 2- locked specimen papers. There could be a practical on microscopy or culturing micro-organsims

IIRC wasn’t there a question on culturing microorganisms/aseptic technique on that same specimen paper? My teacher recommended looking at the combined papers, because in the past they’ve put questions from that on the triple science ones because they don’t think students look at them.
Original post by blackthrn
that's pretty obvious though. also, a lot of questions require you to evaluate/explain - the sentences must be extended for those.

Yes, for evaluation you say:

-> Agree
-> Disagree
-> Improvements

for explanation it's the same thing:

- Stop. It's not a race against the time.
- Put the pen down. Let you brain catch up and think.
- UNDERLINE the COMMANDING word. (describe, explain, evaluate, etc)
- Write down keywords.
- Write a full logical response.
-Repeat.
Original post by amirxh.a

I'm feeling the microscopy one too.
if i was to get a 6, i'd be over the moon
if i was to get a 6, i'd be over the moon

If I get a pass I’d be lucky

i have as well :smile: theyre so usefull

They are my saviours

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending