AQA Biology Paper 1 15th May - Feelings, Predictions?

Watch this thread
Fazzy_77
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by wilksojack14)
I think you had to test at a variety of concentrations and then draw a graph plotting mass change against concentration. Using a line of best fit, find the concentration at which there is no overall mass change- that was the concentration inside the egg.
Well i got that completely wrong then... whoops
historicism
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Fazzy_77)
Well i got that completely wrong then... whoops
What did you write?
Doughnuts2002
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I got 78 marks on the Biology specimen 1 (set 2). That was a 9. I am predicting for this exam-
80-85- 9
70-75- 8
65-70- 7
55-60- 6
40-50- 5
30-35- 4
Good job!!!
Fazzy_77
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
What did you write?
I wrote that you should measure the change in mass for each egg and whichever one has the highest change in mass would've had the highest concentration of solution inside. oh well, nothing can be done now anyways.
blackthrn
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I got 78 marks on the Biology specimen 1 (set 2). That was a 9. I am predicting for this exam-
80-85- 9
70-75- 8
65-70- 7
55-60- 6
40-50- 5
30-35- 4
those grade boundaries seem really good for me if that's the case - good chance i would've gotten a 9!
Econ/Chem/FMaths
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
For grade boundaries: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5366286
blackthrn
Rep:
(Original post by Econ/Chem/FMaths)
For grade boundaries: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5366286
oh - that's a good thread! i think i got 80% minimum so nice
JayJayGold
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by EverythingChina)
Simple way to get grade 6 minimum:

REVISE MARK SCHEME.

3 marker question: 3 simple logical sentences.
4 marker question: 4 simple logical sentences.
5 marker question: 5 simple logical sentences
6 marker question: 6 simple logical sentences

it is as simple as that.
I wish it was that simple XD The sentences still have to correct with the question otherwise you will get no marks so you still gotta do a **** ton of revision.
dannyy_
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Time to revise chemistry!
ibbyk2001
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by dannyy_)
Time to revise chemistry!
lol I said that myself 2hrs ago. still havent opened my notes
ibbyk2001
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
the only thing on my mind right now is boiled carrots
Doughnuts2002
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ibbyk2001)
the only thing on my mind right now is boiled carrots
What is this boiled carrots question?? I never did one - did I miss it out by accident??
blackthrn
Rep:
(Original post by Doughnuts2002)
What is this boiled carrots question?? I never did one - did I miss it out by accident??
think it was on higher combined because i didn’t do it either and i do trilogy
ibbyk2001
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Doughnuts2002)
yh it was on higher combined
AT-2001
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Dude the carrot question was so confusing, it’s gonna be a meme soon judging by the amount of tweets of it.
blackthrn
Rep:
(Original post by AT-2001)
Dude the carrot question was so confusing, it’s gonna be a meme soon judging by the amount of tweets of it.
sounds awful im glad it wasn’t on the separate science paper...what did it actually ask?
Doughnuts2002
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by blackthrn)
think it was on higher combined because i didn’t do it either and i do trilogy
(Original post by ibbyk2001)
yh it was on higher combined
Oh ok thank you
I was really stressing that I had missed a questions
AT-2001
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by blackthrn)
sounds awful im glad it wasn’t on the separate science paper...what did it actually ask?
It was something along the lines of ‘why doesn’t the mass of the boiled carrot increase?’. It basically came after a question about the osmosis Practical, they replaced the potato cylinders in the practical with freaking carrots! It’s conpletely outrageous!
blackthrn
Rep:
(Original post by AT-2001)
It was something along the lines of ‘why doesn’t the mass of the boiled carrot increase?’. It basically came after a question about the osmosis Practical, they replaced the potato cylinders in the practical with freaking carrots! It’s conpletely outrageous!
they replaced our osmosis one with eggs i think boiled carrots wouldve been a bit nicer
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (25)
18.38%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (15)
11.03%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (10)
7.35%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (24)
17.65%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (35)
25.74%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (27)
19.85%

Watched Threads