Want more information about this university?
Nicoley-oley
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'll be moving into Reichel hall this September and I was wondering what the wifi was like there?

I'm thinking of bringing my PlayStation and was wondering how online gaming would fare on uni wifi? Where I currently live I barely get 2mbps on a good day so I'm assuming it couldn't be any worse than that? Haha
BW24
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi, I’m a student at bangor going into 2nd year in september and I’m gonna be staying in Reichel too. The uni uses eduroam for WiFi which for some people works really well. For me it didn’t work too well. But they also have a separate WiFi call ResNet which you need to get a password for from the mybangor website. This one is for things like a printer or playstation or smart tv etc and is much better. I used it for my printer and tv but I also found it worked better than eduroam when I connected my phone to it too. I was in St Marys last year but it shouldn’t make a difference which halls since it’s the same WiFi throughout every university and halls building x
ERB_1998
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I agree with the user above. Eduroam can be patchy at times but on the whole is fairly reliable. From someone who was in St Mary's last year and will be
this coming one.
Bangor Uni
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Nicoley-oley)
I'll be moving into Reichel hall this September and I was wondering what the wifi was like there?

I'm thinking of bringing my PlayStation and was wondering how online gaming would fare on uni wifi? Where I currently live I barely get 2mbps on a good day so I'm assuming it couldn't be any worse than that? Haha
Hello,

Why not contact the halls office in the link below to find out what the wifi is like in Reichel:

https://www.bangor.ac.uk/accommodation/contact.php.en

X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (126)
28.38%
No - I have already returned home (58)
13.06%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (87)
19.59%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (41)
9.23%
No - I live at home during term anyway (132)
29.73%

Watched Threads