Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Curently have an arm cast on for a broken scaphoid. I feel that i could still perfectly ski with this on what are your opinions on the matter?

ReputationRep:
    fall on ur arm > rebrake the bone> game over for ur holiday

ReputationRep:
    a very stupid idea. I'd be as pissed as you if i had a skiing holiday booked and coming up very soon and found myself nursing a broken bone in an arm.

ReputationRep:
    Depends on a few things IMO.

How long ago did you do it?

Is it a full or lightweight cast?

What kind of skiing do you intend doing...piste or off-piste?

If you bang it up again are you prepared for the possibility of surgery to correct the damage?

As it's a pre-existing condition and therefore unlikely to be covered by your insurance, can you afford the potential medical bills?

As scaphoid fractures heal slowly because blood supply to the scaphoid bone is poor, be prepared for problems if you break it again. You need to consider a nonunion (where the bone fails to heal), avascular necrosis (the bone doesn't recieve enough nutrients) and arthritis.

I'm not saying do or don't...just weigh up the pros and cons.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.