The Student Room Group

Maintenance loan dependants question

I'm just having my parents fill out student finance to support my application when o reach the question about dependants. There are 3 of us that are currently dependant on our parents, however next year my sister comes out of education and into work. As this is the case it is asking for her income, however next year it will be variable and not set.
Is it asking for next year's income or for the financial year just gone?
Thanks in advance
Original post by Will0405
I'm just having my parents fill out student finance to support my application when o reach the question about dependants. There are 3 of us that are currently dependant on our parents, however next year my sister comes out of education and into work. As this is the case it is asking for her income, however next year it will be variable and not set.
Is it asking for next year's income or for the financial year just gone?
Thanks in advance

Hi Will0405,

Children who are 18 and over, who are not in full time education can still be classed as dependent on their parents.

However, in these cases it is more likely that the child will have an income in their own right through employment or benefits.

It would be the expected income in the academic year/tax year 2018-2019 for your sister.

If it is clear that the child is not dependent, then we will not use the income declared.

When your parents are providing their household income, we ask for tax year 2016-2017.

Thanks Rona

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending