The Student Room Group

Honestly going mad over the OCR CompSci Paper 1 8 marker

I can't stop thinking about how I haven't done the 8 marker on the "100 people on the island" question. Everyone in my class said that it was really easy (and it did appear to be easy) and I could have done it had I been given ten or twenty more minutes in my exam. I really wanted a 9, just one 9 for my whole GCSEs, but it looks like that won't be happening and I'll be settling for an 8 or 7 which is a good grade but not good enough for me as I'm supposed to be the computer whiz and I'd like to think so

I had only two minutes to spare to do it and the only redeeming part of the exam was that I did *most* of the questions correctly including the 9 marker. The algorithm paper 2 could be hard for all I care but I really can't stop thinking about that 8 marker. I've literally had to take blood pressure and stress medication for that. I think I literally have become neurotic and I don't know what to do.
Reply 1
considering you did do part of it and did pretty well on the rest of the paper and if you are the “computer whiz” that you say you are i’m sure you’ll get the 9 you want as although it is an 8 marker, you still have another exam to go (which in my opinion should be the easier one idk about you) and (as you seem to be pretty good at computing) you’ll probably to well at that one so those marks that you didn’t get for that question may not amount to very much at all.,
sorry if that isn’t clear, (i’m gonna say what loads of people have probably told you already) but don’t get too wound up about it it’s been and gone there’s literally nothing you can do about it whatsoever

...also what was the 9 marker i cannot remember what it was?
Reply 2
I know it may be hard to forget, but just really hammer down on knowing everything for paper 2 now - it's your chance to get a 9 if you won't already.

Say you got an 8 for paper 1. If it was a mid-8 or higher, you absolutely can get the 9, seeing as though you apparently know your stuff. Get a solid 9 and you may be able to scratch a mid-9. Even a low 9 is still a 9, I'm aiming for a 7 or 8.

Don't stress about it dude, you've probably done better than most kids in the country doing computing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending