Applying fake tan to hands Watch

shell_xx
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
How on earth do you apply fake tan to your hands without looking like a complete mess?

I just can't seem to do it! I wear gloves when applying the tan, and then take one off to do one hand, and vice-versa. But I just don't know how to make it look right.

I either end up with orange fingers, really tanned arms with white hands, the tan suddenly stopping halfway down my hands, or tanned fingers on top with white sides.

Can anyone help?
emmzy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I use Garnier summer which if u apply every few nights builds up a substantial tan. With that i don't wear gloves, i put it all over and then i rub my hands with an old towel, especialy up the sides and between the fingers. i never use water coz it sumtimes splashes and makes the tan run around the wrist and up the side of the arms. then i c arefully put a bit of the cream on the tops of my fingers and carefully rub it on the other hand and vice versa. Then again jus rub the tips of my fingers against the towel. Sounds rly funny but it works! (taken me about 2 years to work it out tho haha!)
Segat1
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
OK, i did this the other night. get a makeup brush, like one for foundation and apply it with that. You get more control and can blend it out. And no more orange hands!
Aquamarine.
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I use the gradual fake tans and I usually wash my hands properly and then put a little blob on the back of my hands and rub the backs of my hands together all the bits I've just washed off, except the palms of my hands. Always seems to work well for me, but the gradual fake tans are hard to get streaky unless you use tons of the stuff. My only problem is orange nails!
*pitseleh*
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I've never actually used fake tan, but be careful what you wash your hands with after you do it, because a friend of mine from work had a really nice fake tan done.. and then washed her hands with antibac and alcohol gel (we're nurses) a few times, which left her with pasty white hands! I think it was probably the alcohol gel, but it took the tan clean off (there's a tip for if you ever do it wrong, I suppose), so if you're one of these people who uses alcohol gel at home, be warned!
minimo
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by n1r4v)
Pitseleh - conditional, one A?!
they probably already have 2As at A level which they did early. I did French A2 in Year 12 and hence my Cambridge offer was 2As
*pitseleh*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by minimo)
they probably already have 2As at A level which they did early. I did French A2 in Year 12 and hence my Cambridge offer was 2As
Close, but no cigar. :p:

I have AAB from other A-levels, which I took in 2004. I'm only doing one A-level (biology) at the moment, so my offer is conditional upon one A.
*pitseleh*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by n1r4v)
Cool, never heard that one before
I thought I was 'special' (i.e LUCKY that my college do not cash in modules early ) to get a two A offer for caius, but one A is great!
Definitely less frightening than the standard AAA offer, eh? I've seen a few unconditional offers from Oxford/Cambridge around TSR, though, which would be nicer still. My other offers are unconditional, because the entry requirements for the Cardiff and Durham courses are slightly lower.

Well done for your Cambridge offer, by the way!
*pitseleh*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by n1r4v)
Thanks
And of course you too! (for Oxford that is)
Thank-you very much! :^_^:
shell_xx
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Thanks for the suggestions! It's better, but still not quite got it! :mad:
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (137)
18.49%
No (450)
60.73%
Not really bothered about them (154)
20.78%

Watched Threads