Turn on thread page Beta

Aaah awful results... watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,
    Im having a slight nervous breakdown..
    I did resits in Jan and got two full a levels with an A and B, so chuffed about them!
    But the other two a levels i completely messed up..
    im not sure how to work out what grades they are, but it certainly doesnt look good..
    64/120
    54/80
    50/100
    59/90

*screams* aaaah should i retake in the summer???
    x

ReputationRep:
    Yeah retake them

ReputationRep:
    depends what you want to do and therefore wat grades you need. also think about why u failed them. if retaking then leaves u with too little time to get decent grades in ur other exams (if u hav any). those results arent terrible if u wana come out with c's .. and if u did well in ur summer exams u cud end up combining good scores and stil come out with b's. so ultimately decide what u want realisticly and then take it from there!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I reckon so... Or if you're not applying for a 2008 start for Uni, then you could retake them next January which is what I'm doing. I haven't applied to uni yet so I'm gonna use next year to sort out any resits rather than bombard myself with them in the summer.

Don't worry, I got AAAB in AS levels and this January I got AAC (C was four marks above a D!!!) and I have never got below a B in an exam before, and even then I've only ad one B ever, so it was a shock.. Just thank God for resits!!

ReputationRep:
    Well out of all the unis i applied to the lowest offer is ABB, i really dont know what happened im in a state of shock to be honest! I was so happy I got the A and B, i guess I'll just have to retake them. Maybe i piled on too much I ended up doing 7 exams in January

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by midnightstar44)
    Well out of all the unis i applied to the lowest offer is ABB, i really dont know what happened im in a state of shock to be honest! I was so happy I got the A and B, i guess I'll just have to retake them. Maybe i piled on too much I ended up doing 7 exams in January
    Same here, I was expected to get AABB in my first Jan AS exams and it comes out ACCD. Absolutely shocked!!! I wish I can apply PPE in York, but now, dream's over. I think you feel upset especially your mates who didn't work as hard as you did came out with 2 grades above you. :mad: Sigh...

PS. Does anyone know is it better to retake in June? So your predicted grade in September will be higher (if I improve)

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
Poll
Do you like exams?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.