AS OCR Sociology Paper 1

Watch this thread
Psychomedic
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
How did people find the first paper of sociology??
Psychomedic
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
First question was cultural diversity
username3916406
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I found it pretty good, got nervous and ****ed up the first 4 marker though which is irritating.
How did you find the 20 marker? I wrote 4 paragraphs on Dworkin, Poponoe, Beck and Plummer with critiques.
awt_j
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Amha)
How did people find the first paper of sociology??
i was surprised by the 12 marks on youths and cultures. i did the media unit, did anyone else?
Psychomedic
Rep:
(Original post by dab4jesus420)
I found it pretty good, got nervous and ****ed up the first 4 marker though which is irritating.
How did you find the 20 marker? I wrote 4 paragraphs on Dworkin, Poponoe, Beck and Plummer with critiques.
Did you do the 20marker for families
Psychomedic
Rep:
(Original post by Amha)
I spoke about parsons murdock and popenoe and weeks for the families twenty marker
Psychomedic
Rep:
(Original post by awt_j)
i was surprised by the 12 marks on youths and cultures. i did the media unit, did anyone else?
Yes i spoke about globalisation and how it effects people mcluhan global village. However, i didnt know what to write for the 6 market
awt_j
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Amha)
Yes i spoke about globalisation and how it effects people mcluhan global village. However, i didnt know what to write for the 6 market
i said about activities and their appearance
Psychomedic
Rep:
(Original post by awt_j)
i said about activities and their appearance
I just spoke about globalisation as the children were looking at the computer and adopting the different cultures. I didn’t know what to put down next so i left it but the other questions were decent.
awt_j
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Amha)
I just spoke about globalisation as the children were looking at the computer and adopting the different cultures. I didn’t know what to put down next so i left it but the other questions were decent.
it felt harder than all the past papers ngl
Psychomedic
Rep:
(Original post by awt_j)
it felt harder than all the past papers ngl
Yhhh the first bit was a total mess but the second bit was fab
awt_j
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Amha)
Yhhh the first bit was a total mess but the second bit was fab
agreed! im looking forward to research methods and social inequalities... wonder what will come up?
Psychomedic
Rep:
(Original post by awt_j)
agreed! im looking forward to research methods and social inequalities... wonder what will come up?
Probably social class inequality. If that comes up i will be sooo happy. Actually i dont really care what ever comes up we’ll be prepared 😂😂😂
username3916406
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Amha)
yeah
Psychomedic
Rep:
yeah
That was a saviour
username3916406
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Amha)
That was a saviour
yeah it was nice, felt a bit foreign to all the practise papers though, the answer seemed a bit more clear cut in those, while the actual question felt a bit more up for interpretation.
Psychomedic
Rep:
yeah it was nice, felt a bit foreign to all the practise papers though, the answer seemed a bit more clear cut in those, while the actual question felt a bit more up for interpretation.
Yh thats true
Psychomedic
Rep:
However the first section question could have been nicer
username3916406
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Amha)
However the first section question could have been nicer
Yeah, hopefully if a lot of people messed up then the grade boundaries will be a bit lower than usual.
Psychomedic
Rep:
Yeah, hopefully if a lot of people messed up then the grade boundaries will be a bit lower than usual.
Ocr did a mad one though cultural diversity for the whole of section one
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (41)
32.03%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (59)
46.09%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (27)
21.09%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.78%

Watched Threads