The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by How r u ???
Congrats:smile: Are you a home student btw ?

Yes
my friend just got an offer from ucl so i guess its a waiting game now
Just received my offer :smile: (Home student in case people are wondering).
Original post by crazychameleon
Just received my offer :smile:

Congrats!! :biggrin: Well deserved haha!
Guys with interviews or offers, are you EU/overseas/ postgrads/gap year students?

nice on man
Original post by y.u.mad.bro?
my friend just got an offer from ucl so i guess its a waiting game now

Congratulations to both!! :smile:
Reply 587
Original post by DrWilson173441
Interview came through yesterday,
It’s the 23rd of January
My stats are 4A* prediction (Maths, Chemistry, Biology, Psychology)
976 5A*s Dist* A 2Bs
5.7 6.2 4A
I guess a decent PS and Ref

That's so interesting because my interview is the same day but I got my invite over 2 weeks ago
Ive just received my offer to interview on the 23rd of January 😁 anyone have any idea how UCL consider/weight the interview against other areas of application?
Original post by Ayatalkinabeet
Ive just received my offer to interview on the 23rd of January 😁 anyone have any idea how UCL consider/weight the interview against other areas of application?

Congrats :smile: If you don't mind me asking, what did you get in your BMAT?
Original post by Ayatalkinabeet

Once you have been successful for an interview, there is a 69-75% chance of getting an offer. They kind of sieve out the applicants they don't want before the interview, so that they just interview those they prefer. Many congratulations on your interview!
Original post by Dizgurl
Once you have been successful for an interview, there is a 69-75% chance of getting an offer. They kind of sieve out the applicants they don't want before the interview, so that they just interview those they prefer. Many congratulations on your interview!

Does anyone know when UCL send out rejections ? If you haven’t heard back by now is that essentially a bad sign
Does anyone know when UCL send out rejections ? If you haven’t heard back by now is that essentially a bad sign

I don't know when they send out rejections but there's nothing to worry about if you haven't heard anything back; they've only filled up a third of their intended interview dates, which spans up till the end of march anyways :smile:
Original post by Figz
That's so interesting because my interview is the same day but I got my invite over 2 weeks ago

What time is your interview?

I got a rejection on the 2nd, so I wouldn’t worry if you haven’t heard back! It’s not a bad sign
Original post by robertejames
I got a rejection on the 2nd, so I wouldn’t worry if you haven’t heard back! It’s not a bad sign

I'm sorry you got rejected :frown: Were you a home student? If you don't mind me asking may I ask what your stats were? I haven't heard back yet and feel like I'm going to get rejected..
Original post by XxxvatxxX
I'm sorry you got rejected :frown: Were you a home student? If you don't mind me asking may I ask what your stats were? I haven't heard back yet and feel like I'm going to get rejected..

Yes I’m a home student, a graduate applicant though. I am predicted a first class degree and my BMAT is 5.7 4.8 4A. Good reference and personal statement (I thought lol) I thought I had a decent shot tbh... Don’t forget that they are interviewing through till March so at this stage I’d say no news is good news. Good luck!
Yes I’m a home student, a graduate applicant though. I am predicted a first class degree and my BMAT is 5.7 4.8 4A. Good reference and personal statement (I thought lol) I thought I had a decent shot tbh... Don’t forget that they are interviewing through till March so at this stage I’d say no news is good news. Good luck!

A rejection with that BMAT omg I am getting rejected FOR SURE haha!

I am still in my A Levels but still you got a first class prediction too...ah man

Sorry to hear that😔UCL’s loss is another’s gain.
Reply 599

ah im so sorry to hear that! good luck for the rest of your unis.
were you applying for GEM or undergraduate medicine as a graduate?
did you have lots of extra curriculars on your personal statement?

Latest

Trending

Trending