girls with monobrow Watch

Henry G
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by iTalya)
Sorry, it didn't 'matter', it was bullying. I tried to stop it but bullies always find SOME way to get to their victims.
It always baffles me how kids are expected to "ignore" bullies, when probably the best course of action is to lamp them, then I supose that would be putting yourself down to the bullies level.

Bullies suck, they are apparent in all areas of life, sadly.

Anyway, you are a :cool: girl.Maybe I should take that back as you neg repped me? Nope, I'm not that un-generous.
chinny89
Report 9 years ago
for a guy its understandable, but for a girl... no!!
hiky
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Ilora-Danon)
There's NO excuse where there's a wealth of hair removal techniques out there.

Women naturally have hairy legs and arm pits, but do we leave them to grow wild and free? NO.

So don't use 'born with it' as an excuse.
I think you'll find that it's down the male species and the media having unrealistic expectations of women . I'd quite happilly live hairy and happy, but society would deem me an unsuitable candidate if I did, so I don't.
What's the problem exactly. I have a monobrow, I am a girl, I choose not to remove it. It doesn't make me any less cleaner, it might make me an 'unsuitable candidate in society' but I pity the one who lives their life enslaved by social values. If you pluck do, then that's great, I don't care tbph, I just find it really strange that people actually give a crap about such pity things.
made-up
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Artemidoros.)
np
lol
Ilora-Danon
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by hiky)
What's the problem exactly. I have a monobrow, I am a girl, I choose not to remove it. It doesn't make me any less cleaner, it might make me an 'unsuitable candidate in society' but I pity the one who lives their life enslaved by social values. If you pluck do, then that's great, I don't care tbph, I just find it really strange that people actually give a crap about such pity things.
Yes but in this society, we ARE judged on our appearance and other people do care.

If you applied for a job for a well respected fashionable company, and it was between you and another girl - say the job was 'a front of house receptionist' and the other girl was modestly groomed, then I think it would be safe to assume that what the employee looks like is going to be one of the deciding factors and I would be so presumptious as to say that the other girl would get the job. Wouldn't that bother you at all?

You can't play the 'I don't care' card, because other people care and in this world, you've got to compete whether you like it or not (unless you plan to live on a farm and rarely come into contact with people). You can't just sit back and let the world go on without you.
keepoffthelawn
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by chinny89)
for a guy its understandable, but for a girl... no!!
how come? i think unibrows should be abolished tbh they look terrible, whether its a guy or a girl, and it really isn't that big of an effort to do something about it if you do have one..
SerpentineLara
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
...Wait, some people actually choose to keep their monobrow?
x Kris x
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Madonna has had Lourdes's brow seen to, but not enough imo. It's better than ^^ that photo, but not near enough. Her tache needs sorting too. It's foul. And she's Madonna's child so there's definitely no excuse.
You are kidding right? She's a 12 year old girl, 11 years at the most when that picture was posted. 11 year old children shouldn't have to feel any pressure over how they look, or feel forced to change things about themselves.

I agree that monobrows on women aren't very attractive, but I don't think that anyone, let alone a child, should feel forced to change the way they look due to someone elses opinions.
hiky
Report 9 years ago
Yes but in this society, we ARE judged on our appearance and other people do care.

If you applied for a job for a well respected fashionable company, and it was between you and another girl - say the job was 'a front of house receptionist' and the other girl was modestly groomed, then I think it would be safe to assume that what the employee looks like is going to be one of the deciding factors and I would be so presumptious as to say that the other girl would get the job. Wouldn't that bother you at all?

You can't play the 'I don't care' card, because other people care and in this world, you've got to compete whether you like it or not (unless you plan to live on a farm and rarely come into contact with people). You can't just sit back and let the world go on without you.
We live in a society that places considerable importance on appearance- I get that, but nothing restricts us, prevents us from crossing the border of what is deemed ‘normal’, apart from our own enslaved minds. Our desire to live within limits of customariness, our fear of crossing the line. Just because we are judged on our appearance doesn't mean we all have to succumb to society’s expectations of us.
Hello_Kitty
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
If I left my eyebrows to their own devices for just 7 days they would go completely out of control and grotesque-looking! As it is, I pluck them practically everyday to keep them looking nice and socially acceptable.
fungirl1234
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Just yuck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (76)
27.54%
No (200)
72.46%

Watched Threads