The Student Room Group

I really want to change an a level option but I think it's too late

So I'm doing geography which I've come to the realisation that I hate it with passion and everything about it goes over my head. I'm almost at the end of year 12 and I'm having a dilemma bc it's too late to change. What can I do?!? I'm gonna fail bc I'm uninterested and don't understand anything in it.
Reply 1
Original post by Jeesus
So I'm doing geography which I've come to the realisation that I hate it with passion and everything about it goes over my head. I'm almost at the end of year 12 and I'm having a dilemma bc it's too late to change. What can I do?!? I'm gonna fail bc I'm uninterested and don't understand anything in it.

When I did A levels it was common for ppl in a simlar position to yours to drop the subject at the end of yr 12 and get an AS in it.

Nowadays Im not sure if you can still get an AS after 1 year but Im sure you can still drop it. Your school may want you to take up something instead like extended project have you considered that before?

Also I should give the general advice which is that in A2 you have greater choice of what you study so you may enjoy the subject more, manage a pass and in doing so discover something which will stay with you for life. This would be the best outcome compared to the above.

Quick Reply

Latest