Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Thoughts?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Thought it was quite easy except the second question on osmosis;how to measure the concentration of in both egg?

ReputationRep:
    i really didn’t like it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Endever36)
    Thought it was quite easy except the second question on osmosis;how to measure the concentration of in both egg?
    i said put it in different salt concentrations to see where mass doesn't change any more

ReputationRep:
    I liked it. All the stuff I wanted!

ReputationRep:
    Think you did the same experiment at different concentrations, then the concentration at which the mass of the egg doesn't change is the concentration of the egg.

ReputationRep:
    Actually shocked I had an answer for everything... whether it is right or not who knows ahahha

ReputationRep:
    lol did i acc finish it? lol

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone put the food tests for the testing for proteins or carbohydrates in milk? Bit worried I got it mixed up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 5000yellow)
    Did anyone put the food tests for the testing for proteins or carbohydrates in milk? Bit worried I got it mixed up
    I put biuret solution for the proteins and then iodine for the carbohydrates because starch is a carbohydrate, right?

ReputationRep:
    I put biuret solution for protein colour change blue to pink or purple. Iodine solution for starch colour change browny orange to black or blue. And I also did sugar so Benedict solution colour changes from blue to green orange or brick red depending on how much reducing sugars

ReputationRep:
    It was sooo difficult! I expected a question about diabetes or the brain

ReputationRep:
    I said buirette for protein which turns pink
    And then carbohydrate (starch) I said iodine which turns blue black

ReputationRep:
    Same with me! I put the biuret benedict and iodine but missed Sudan III since it’s completely different. Put all the colours and how to do it just in case. How’s you find the rest of the paper?

ReputationRep:
    Very unusual

ReputationRep:
    i did that as well! I put the glucose one as that is classed as a carbohydrate. The last page was the only one that had me a bit baffled but the rest of the paper was really good, i could't of asked for a better exam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by will null)
    I put biuret solution for the proteins and then iodine for the carbohydrates because starch is a carbohydrate, right?
    Ahh I put Benedict's solution instead of Iodine! I wonder what will do down...

ReputationRep:
    Lol I did ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imogendale)
    i really didn’t like it
    Couldn't agree more

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeadlyInventive)
    Ahh I put Benedict's solution instead of Iodine! I wonder what will do down...
    Ah unfortunate. Hopefully you did alright in general though

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 4, 2018

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.