The Student Room Group

AQA Biology paper 1 triple science

oml what did everyone think ? the questions were not good !
the cystic fibrosis one and the stem cell one was terrible

Scroll to see replies

I'll be honest, I thought it was very easy overall. They could have given us much harder questions that's for sure.
If anyone has the markscheme or grade boundaries can they post pleaseee
Wow there were so many 4,5 and 6 mark questions
Reply 4
That was so hard
Original post by Wishiwassmart
If anyone has the markscheme or grade boundaries can they post pleaseee

Nobody has the grade boundaries and the only people that would have any sort of markscheme are those who have made unofficial ones themselves.
It was alright but I ran out of time :frown:((
I got irregular heart beats for the faulty valve question.
wait what faulty valve question???
I feel like my answers were stupid. For example for the one about finding the concentration in the egg I said to draw that percentage change graph and then where it crosses over the x-axis would be the concentration inside the cell
Original post by roadrunner98
I feel like my answers were stupid. For example for the one about finding the concentration in the egg I said to draw that percentage change graph and then where it crosses over the x-axis would be the concentration inside the cell

I think that's right because it's were the concentration is equal inside and outside so no osmosis happens which I think would be where it crosses the x axis but you have to say that you use the same egg in different concentrations until there is no change in Mass I think
It was so hard, I couldn't understand some calculation questions and I was running out of time.
Hopefully I'll do better on paper 2

That’s exactly what I put. That exam made me question why I bothered revising.
I mentioned something about using solutions with different solute concentrations
Original post by A_Shax
That was so hard

Ikr! Glad you think so because they’re are snobs on here saying it’s really easy lol
What did u guys get for the calcium ions egg one
Reply 16
Original post by YSherbert
wait what faulty valve question???

Don't worry, I don't remember that either 😅

You would need to say that you would use different concentrations of solution until the mass of the egg stays the same so the net movement of osmosis is zero which tells you the concentration of the egg is the same as the solution.
Reply 18
Original post by priya1211
I got irregular heart beats for the faulty valve question.

Do you mean the one about why you would need an artificial pacemaker?
Timing was a serious struggle in this paper! The questions I thought were somehow hidden most times and you had to decipher their real meanings. The exam paper was very long and the exercises were long winded! What a great start to this new GCSE course!!!

Quick Reply

Latest