Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How did you find this paper today? I really struggled with the monoclonal antibodies question, I knew how to get them from animals but I had no idea about plants ☹️
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    i don't think you have to get them from plant, i think you just inject the PVY into a rat and make monoclonical antibodies from that.

ReputationRep:
    Inject protein into rat to stimulate rate B lymphocytes to produce antibodies. Obtain rat lymphocytes and combine them with tumour cell to form hybridoma. Hybridoma divides and produces monoclonal antibodies which are specific to the antigen of the virus. Collect and purify antibodies.

ReputationRep:
    I put that as well Roy09!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roy09)
    Inject protein into rat to stimulate rate B lymphocytes to produce antibodies. Obtain rat lymphocytes and combine them with tumour cell to form hybridoma. Hybridoma divides and produces monoclonal antibodies which are specific to the antigen of the virus. Collect and purify antibodies.
    Boom! 😂

ReputationRep:
    any1 know what calculation you had to do for how much extra milk u obtained?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lozzylouise)
    How did you find this paper today? I really struggled with the monoclonal antibodies question, I knew how to get them from animals but I had no idea about plants ☹️
    I only realised right at the end 😂. What did everyone out for that child with CF having a slower growth rate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Navan-pradeesh)
    I only realised right at the end 😂. What did everyone out for that child with CF having a slower growth rate
    If the pancreas was blocked, less enzymes, less food broken down, less glucose so less respiration and less energy for growth? And for the lungs, less oxygen and less respiration so less energy for growth

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kayao)
    Divide how much you needed by how much was in 500cm^3 then times by 500. That’s how much you need to drink to get your daily intake. Work that out for the two things and find the difference x

ReputationRep:
    Omdsss tht was acc hard yano ... what did u put for the question abt what molecules make up genes or sumfin i put dna molecules but some smart guy in my year sed it was some sugar substarre of somebing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sxira2091)
    Omdsss tht was acc hard yano ... what did u put for the question abt what molecules make up genes or sumfin i put dna molecules but some smart guy in my year sed it was some sugar substarre of somebing
    I put DNA as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Navan-pradeesh)
    Oh no, don’t worry about it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachel_jayne_x)
    Divide how much you needed by how much was in 500cm^3 then times by 500. That’s how much you need to drink to get your daily intake. Work that out for the two things and find the difference x
    Oh... well I got that one wrong then 😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sxira2091)
    I put down that it's a protein

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jos371371)
    i don't think you have to get them from plant, i think you just inject the PVY into a rat and make monoclonical antibodies from that.
    In the end I said that you have to inject the protein into a rat and then I just said about fusing the lymphocytes with the tumour cross and all that. Not sure if that was right though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roy09)
    I’m not sure my answer was as specific as that because I ran out of time and had to rush ☹️

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x.beheshta)
    I put down that it's a protein
    I also put down that its a protein.
    I feel like I messed up on the Maths questions even though i'm good at Maths. I hate biology.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kayao)
    i got like 560

ReputationRep:
    the chicken egg was so unnecessary, why didn't they just use a potato like normal??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachel_jayne_x)
    Did you get something along the lines of 590 ish??

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 29, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  2. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. Bishop Grosseteste University
    All Courses Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.