AQA Biology Trilogy Higher Paper 1 Tuesday 15th May 2018 Unoffical Mark Scheme

Scroll to see replies

Was it the higher or foundation paper?
Original post by Aslan102
I didn’t see a question about microscopes
I had qs about eggs and chickens

Did you do the AQA Trilogy exam?
Original post by Fallen_Angel_
what about the one that asked why the boiled carrots have no difference in mass?
I said because the cells are killed by the high temp so osmosis no longer happens....pretty sure thats wrong

I just put that the mass didn’t change because the concentration inside the carrot was the same as outside the carrot (isotonic) so osmosis couldn’t happen as it requires a concentration gradient
Original post by abdulrocks1
Oh dear, I put 1.16

So did I, forgot to round it
I found it was surprisingly very maths based considering it was biology
Anybody else put 1.16 recurring for the cell cycle question? If so will it make a difference if you put 1.17 or 1.16 recurring?
Reply 85
for that cancerous boiled carrot question, i just said that since the temp is too high, the enzymes have denatured and osmosis wont happen.

doesnt look right but since aqa cant give us a reliable question had no choice.

that chd 5 marker was 50/50, just spoke about obesity and smoking(carcinogen) being risk factors.

pictogram question was odd

some questions in this exam were actually dumb lmao
what did you get for the last one on therapeutic cloning advantages and disadvantages
Reply 87
you did triple science

Original post by A_Winter
I did AQA Biology Higher today and there was no question on microscopes. Am I missing something here?!
Reply 88
Original post by Jackjacklll
Anybody else put 1.16 recurring for the cell cycle question? If so will it make a difference if you put 1.17 or 1.16 recurring?

it wanted it to 3 significant figures, so you would only get 1 mark out of two
Original post by leannexii
15/360 X 28 = 1.1666666 so 1.67

swear it’s 28/360 X15 = 1.16
I forgot to revise the meristem part
Original post by mrydo
yeh i gt 0.42 as well

Damn I got 0.41,do you think there will be a range of answers to get the Mark? (0.40-0.43 or something)
Reply 92
it's because the concentration of water was almost equal inside and outside the carrots so the mass didn't change as no water entered/went off the carrot. I wrote that
Original post by idkthename
Same i have no idea what these guys are on about, i had an egg put in acid but no carrot
Eggs

Double science (Trilogy): Carrots
Triple:
Reply 94
Microscopy:
First one: Use the fine adjustment knob to focus onto the image.
Second one: Switch from a low power objective lens to a high objective lens to see the cell at a greater magnification.

Did anyone else get this? So many people got different answers
what about the one that asked why the boiled carrots have no difference in mass?
I said because the cells are killed by the high temp so osmosis no longer happens....pretty sure thats wrong

the concentration in and out was the same
Reply 96
What about the one about picograms to nanograms?
i got 6*10^-12

I got to the power of -10 my teachers saying you had to divide it by a million 🤷🏼*♀️🤷🏼*♀️
Reply 97
Original post by Hal_01

Original post by Dil007
I did: (28/360) *15 = 1.17

Probably wrong tho

I got that too!
lol the pie chart question : 28/360 x 15 = 1.66666........ = 1.7
Original post by Qwerty_qwerty
what did you get for the last one on therapeutic cloning advantages and disadvantages

I put
1) The embryos can treat a wide range of conditions as they are completely undifferentiated
2) The embryonic stem cells cannot be rejected by the patients cells

1) The process is costly and time consuming
2) There are religious objections (as to when life begins)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending