Beth375
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
How did you find the paper? What do you think the grade boundaries are going to be like for 7-9?
joebloggs1787
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I thought it was alright a few questions confused me like the human genome and the bacterial rna but other that that i reckon it was okay
itsanna02
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
ez
rahul.sagu
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Beth375)
How did you find the paper? What do you think the grade boundaries are going to be like for 7-9?
Low grade boundaries are what I'm thinking...
S.mulla
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by rahul.sagu)
Low grade boundaries are what I'm thinking...
Fr that was not what I was expecting. What did you guys get for the genotype of person z?
wavines.s
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by S.mulla)
Fr that was not what I was expecting. What did you guys get for the genotype of person z?
I got their genotype as Dd and their phenotypes as a carrier of the disease.
Remember that the sex linked disease disorders are only found on the X chromosome!
huzaifah08
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
For bacterial rna polymera, I think you right about because it inhibit the rna polymerase, protein synthesis can’t occur, so less protein are produced and therefore the bacteria will die out, and that’s how it help it help in bacterial infection
huzaifah08
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
For the rna polymerase one, you have to right how it inhibits rna polymerase so that means protein synthesis can’t occur and so proteins are not made, so therefore tha bacteria will die
Sarcher212
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What did people put for the percentage increase of scarlet fever? I thought it was 210% but I think it was atually 110% not totally sure
Xx.m.xX
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Sarcher212)
What did people put for the percentage increase of scarlet fever? I thought it was 210% but I think it was atually 110% not totally sure
i got 110% and so did my brother so i think it is. does anyone know the genotype for person z because i thought it was labelling the half-shaded circle but some people said it is a separate person you have to identify the gender and if they're affected or carrier. im not sure and apparently the answer is an affected male or something
anonymous76890-9
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It was quite hard,Im hoping the grade boundaries goes down .so like 35/70 should be a 645 should be 7
S.mulla
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by 260802)
Remember that the sex linked disease disorders are only found on the X chromosome!
But shouldn't there only be one allele because it's a man? I wrote his allele as being dominant
Shobz911
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It cannot be affected male as two of the offspring produced was unaffected bearing in mind person z was bred with a carrier
Shobz911
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by 260802)
I can remember the question only asked the phenotype of person Z
wavines.s
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Shobz911)
I can remember the question only asked the phenotype of person Z
idk, that whole paper was a big mess and that difficult was even more of a mess. I cant wait for them to release the mark schemes so i can finally see the answer cos its gonna annoy me sooooo much lol
PROcrastinater7
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I found the paper really annoying. I knew everything about neurones and protein synthesis but none of it came up!
Grade boundaries are going to have to save me.
What can you say about the human genome project 6 mark?
Anyways I have to do really well on paper 2 if I want that 8
Annonymous02
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What mark would you need to get to achieve a 7 or 8? Any predictions.
Beth375
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by PROcrastinater7)
I found the paper really annoying. I knew everything about neurones and protein synthesis but none of it came up!
Grade boundaries are going to have to save me.
What can you say about the human genome project 6 mark?
Anyways I have to do really well on paper 2 if I want that 8
Protein synthesis came up, about the antibiotic inhibiting RNA Polymerase in bacteria (only a couple of marks for explaining part of it but still)
spookedashell
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
i am soooo scared about this cus i am meant to be doing it for A level and i found the paper okay an then when i walked out of it everyone was like that was P*** easy and saying different answers to what i put .... hate it
Shobz911
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by wavines.s)
idk, that whole paper was a big mess and that difficult was even more of a mess. I cant wait for them to release the mark schemes so i can finally see the answer cos its gonna annoy me sooooo much lol
someone made an unofficial mark scheme, but the answers arent exactly right
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (97)
28.36%
No - I have already returned home (44)
12.87%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (65)
19.01%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (35)
10.23%
No - I live at home during term anyway (101)
29.53%

Watched Threads