Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've already asked on the English forums on which university is better for English, but as a university alone, which one do you think I should choose between the two?

ReputationRep:
    exeter has wayyyy more expensive accomodation, if you like them both equally, then look at the finances/social life side of things

ReputationRep:
    Any other opinions?

ReputationRep:
    Exeter's accommodation scene is pretty bleak at the moment, it's true. Basically it's all extremely expensive catered - if you want self-catered or any lower priced catered accommodation then your options are extremely limited, so you may want to check out the availability of accommodation at York.

Exeter is also very much a pubbing city, but both the pubbers and the clubbers seem happy. I'd imagine York is similar. Exeter's societies listings are also brilliant - I had an absolute jam-packed time there based on my society involvement alone.

Really all you can do now is visit both if you haven't already done so.

ReputationRep:
    york really is lovely and is not at all for students who want to 'ave it large. Its got lots of lovely pubs tho

ReputationRep:
    I would really love to visit the universities, but unfortunately I can't as I live abroad That's why I'm trying to get as much info as possible, as it's hard trusting what the uni websites and prosepectuses say as of course they all only say positive things! I'd really appreciate it.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, I see. Are your offers the same for both?

I can see how it's difficult for you to make a decision as the two are so similar. From what I understand, Exeter's campus is closer to the city centre than York is from its city centre. Have you looked at our pictures thread in the Exeter forum? See if York has a similar one too and if they don't then try and start one to get people to post pictures. There's also a virtual tour on the Exeter website.

Poll
Are you chained to your phone?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.