Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Keep reading stuff about this on different posts so i reckon we should all talk about it in one place. DID ANYONE DO WELL ON THIS PAPER?
    i thought i'd done really well and got a B (i kno this isn't bad but i HAVE to get an a in this one.)

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I got worse than I thought as well. 77 which I'll resit. I still have an A overall but I don't want to risk dropping down to a B if I don't get good enough grades in FP2 or FP3.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aksan)
    Yeah, I got worse than I thought as well. 77 which I'll resit. I still have an A overall but I don't want to risk dropping down to a B if I don't get good enough grades in FP2 or FP3.
    I got the same as you but I'm not resitting (Further Maths doesnt affect me that much)! Is Further Maths part of your conditions or something that you have to get an A in?

I thought I might have gotten an A in it so a little bummed that it is 3 marks off an A, but I'm not that bothered about it. Although maybe I should be

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yezi)
    I got the same as you but I'm not resitting (Further Maths doesnt affect me that much)! Is Further Maths part of your conditions or something that you have to get an A in?

I thought I might have gotten an A in it so a little bummed that it is 3 marks off an A, but I'm not that bothered about it. Although maybe I should be
    Yeah, I have to get an A in FM to get into Warwick or a B provided I get a 2 in STEP or a merit in AEA.

ReputationRep:
    apologies but I got 100%
    Quite surprised about that actually. I remember for the polar area question I took a very long winded and pointless route to get to the answer. hen

well chuffed. I got some lush maths results (did 6) which means getting an overall A in further maths isn't an issue anymore. Just need to focus on phys and chem now to meet my offer.

ReputationRep:
    congrats
    glad to see someone did well

ReputationRep:
    I was somewhat disappointed with FP1. I got 86%, which is an A yes, but I was actually expecting ~92% +. Still, not too far away!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aksan)
    Yeah, I have to get an A in FM to get into Warwick or a B provided I get a 2 in STEP or a merit in AEA.
    Just to let you know
    If you look at your offer you need an A in FM regardless of your AEA results.
    Its the 3rd a level you can get a B in if you get the AEA/STEP.

ReputationRep:
    Okay, did anyone doing Edexcel do well on this paper? Everyone I've spoken to got really low marks. So confused

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, jeje, I had 98/100 grrr for some stupid mistake in that SoD question... can't seem to do simulaneous equations... jeje

ReputationRep:
    Because the paper was quite nice the boundaries were really high: 87% on the paper translated to 80 UMS marks, which might explain a lot of the dissapointment

ReputationRep:
    Yea same here!!! I got 78 but thought I did a lot better than that, so I will weigh up either a resit or a remark. It isn't terrible but it isn't a good mark either. Seemed like a horrendous paper in the end.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xinolisss)
    Sorry, jeje, I had 98/100 grrr for some stupid mistake in that SoD question... can't seem to do simulaneous equations... jeje
    Dang, nice score

SoD? Second Order Differential equation? Hmm... stupid summation question, i got no where with that!

ReputationRep:
    Good to see other people are feeling the same as me. I thought the exam went pretty well, was expecting 90+%. To be honest I need good marks to prove to myself that I can actually handle maths at uni, plus I need an A in FP1, 2 and 3.

Just managed to scrape an A at 80/100. Not cool, so disappointed. To top it off I got 71/100 in S2, which is meant to be uber-easy.

ReputationRep:
    Well I got 92% and generally people in my class were in the 80's - one person beat me, she got 98%, but I got 2 hundreds in our practice papers... From what I can tell FP1 papers have mega high boundaries so I may have only dropped 3 or 4 marks. I knew I made some mistakes so I was pleased really. Now I just need a B in M3, FP2 and FP3 - and I love FP3 (cuddles mistake-riddled P6 Heinemann book).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by v-zero)
    Well I got 92% and generally people in my class were in the 80's - one person beat me, she got 98%, but I got 2 hundreds in our practice papers... From what I can tell FP1 papers have mega high boundaries so I may have only dropped 3 or 4 marks. I knew I made some mistakes so I was pleased really. Now I just need a B in M3, FP2 and FP3 - and I love FP3 (cuddles mistake-riddled P6 Heinemann book).
    I hate the futher pure modules... pain in the necks.... especially the integration in FP2... lol...

Have you finished the modules already? We are almost finished with FP2 and M3 but FP3 is a long way away... we just finished complex numbers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shrayans)
    I hate the futher pure modules... pain in the necks.... especially the integration in FP2... lol...

Have you finished the modules already? We are almost finished with FP2 and M3 but FP3 is a long way away... we just finished complex numbers
    We finished FP2 in the first week back, and have been doing FP3 ever since. We just finished M3. I really hate applied maths, so I'm glad that's done for now. We are about 60% through FP3.
    I found FP2 good fun, even the intrinsics are interesting - much nicer modules than FP1.

ReputationRep:
    WHAT???? You must be out of your mind... the stupid integration in FP2 can drive you crazy...

ReputationRep:
    And sincerely I prefer applied units more than the pure modules, I was meant to take FP2 M4 M5 instead of FP3, FP2, M4... but everybody seemed to advice against it so I went for the FP3, FP2, M4

ReputationRep:
    I hate doing most of maths right now :rolleyes: lucky i need about 135 UMS points from last 3 modules to get an A! Otherwise I would be pretty stuffed... lol....

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.