FP1 disappointment thread Watch

xinolisss
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Shrayans)
I hate doing most of maths right now :rolleyes: lucky i need about 135 UMS points from last 3 modules to get an A! Otherwise I would be pretty stuffed... lol....
How does that work out? you need 480 for an A, so you say you only need 135 from the last three modules meaning you've done only 3 of them, meaning the maximun you could've got is 300. Now 480-300 is 180? so how come you only have to get 135? How did you get 345/300 in your three modules? :confused:
The Sherminator
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by xinolisss)
How does that work out? you need 480 for an A, so you say you only need 135 from the last three modules meaning you've done only 3 of them, meaning the maximun you could've got is 300. Now 480-300 is 180? so how come you only have to get 135? How did you get 345/300 in your three modules? :confused:
Lol... I am including my normal maths as well.. They adjust the modules so you can get the best possible grades in both subjects so accoriding to that, I have something like 829 UMS marks thats why

My maths isn't THAT bad that I can't add
xinolisss
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
jajaja thought so... I wouln't imagine your maths to be that good to only need 135 marks to then not know how to add.
The Sherminator
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
jajaja thought so... I wouln't imagine your maths to be that good to only need 135 marks to then not know how to add.
Hehehee... yes!
Btw... just looked and saw you liked capoeira, its amazing! We had a couple of teachers come over to our school and it looked pretty spectacular...

So I guess you already have your A's with your marks!!! lol...
xinolisss
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hehehee... yes!
Btw... just looked and saw you liked capoeira, its amazing! We had a couple of teachers come over to our school and it looked pretty spectacular...

So I guess you already have your A's with your marks!!! lol...
Shame though now I've got a broken knee because of it.. jeje so I'll hav to wait until summer to get an operation then I can start doing it again... well that's off topic but yes, probably and hopefully I'll get an A
xinolisss
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hey I've only just noticed, jeje I beat you I only have 3 modules left too jeje and I would only need something like 91 marks to get an A, although that won't happen because of the core modules but still jeje I add up to 869 in 9 modules jeje
The Sherminator
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Shame though now I've got a broken knee because of it.. jeje so I'll hav to wait until summer to get an operation then I can start doing it again... well that's off topic but yes, probably and hopefully I'll get an A
Lol... you will have loads of time to recoup! What I don't understand is how you have the time to do all of that

A in FMaths should be easy for you now!!! Lol...
xinolisss
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Lol... you will have loads of time to recoup! What I don't understand is how you have the time to do all of that

A in FMaths should be easy for you now!!! Lol...
It's called good time management + paying attetion in lessons so you don't have to work twice as hard at home... which also means you can occasionally afford yourself to go out for a few drinks....and...
The Sherminator
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It's called good time management + paying attetion in lessons so you don't have to work twice as hard at home... which also means you can occasionally afford yourself to go out for a few drinks....and...
Yes.. i see where that leads! I think I have good time management and generally do pay attention in class. I am just too lazy to do anything in my spare time! lol....

But that is the holy grail to success
Annaconda
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
do any of you do AQA FP1 cos granted i havent done the exam yet but it seems quite easy, cos its only based on C1 and C2
v-zero
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
WHAT???? You must be out of your mind... the stupid integration in FP2 can drive you crazy...
Really? What don't you like? It's basically all substitution methods... Granted sometimes reduction formulae are a bit nasty, but just leave them until last...

As for the UMS thing, Shrayans, you can't just average out all your UMS, because you cannot just have any old applied module wherever you want it... You can't have modules in you normal A level that are beyond those in your FM.

e.g. you can't have:

M: C1,C2,C3,C4,M2,S1 and FM: FP1,FP2,FP3,M1,S2,M3

etc...
xinolisss
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by v-zero)
Really? What don't you like? It's basically all substitution methods... Granted sometimes reduction formulae are a bit nasty, but just leave them until last...
Well that's exactly my point, start with the wrong or a bad substitution and you can end up doing pages of working out for nothing...
v-zero
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Well that's exactly my point, start with the wrong or a bad substitution and you can end up doing pages of working out for nothing...
Then don't start with the wrong substitution... It's always going to be sin, cos, sinh or cosh - basically - so the choice should be obvious.
xinolisss
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Then don't start with the wrong substitution... It's always going to be sin, cos, sinh or cosh - basically - so the choice should be obvious.
It's not as easy as just saying it, I mean, now after I'd done all those excercises, I find them very easy, now... I meant to say while I was doing them... Now after doing them for a long time, I can say with confidence that I'll have no problems with it, it's when you start
v-zero
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It's not as easy as just saying it, I mean, now after I'd done all those excercises, I find them very easy, now... I meant to say while I was doing them... Now after doing them for a long time, I can say with confidence that I'll have no problems with it, it's when you start
Well I can see how if pure modules aren't your thing you might find it difficult at first... I have to admit it was not something I needed to be taught, I already knew how to do it because pure maths is my "thing"...
The Sherminator
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
As for the UMS thing, Shrayans, you can't just average out all your UMS, because you cannot just have any old applied module wherever you want it... You can't have modules in you normal A level that are beyond those in your FM.

e.g. you can't have:

M: C1,C2,C3,C4,M2,S1 and FM: FP1,FP2,FP3,M1,S2,M3

etc...
Are you sure about that? My maths teacher told me that the board will use your modules so that you can get the best possible grades.... hmm... might have to ask him about that in more detail.
v-zero
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Are you sure about that? My maths teacher told me that the board will use your modules so that you can get the best possible grades.... hmm... might have to ask him about that in more detail.
I am certain. They will tweak the modules around, but only within those rules.
The Sherminator
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I am certain. They will tweak the modules around, but only within those rules.
:eek: means I need something like 73% in each of my 3 modules left to get an A!! Argh.... need to do more work then!!!
v-zero
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
:eek: means I need something like 73% in each of my 3 modules left to get an A!! Argh.... need to do more work then!!!
Keep in mind the grade boundaries for FP2 and FP3 are around 58/75 for an A usually, so it's not so bad.
The Sherminator
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Keep in mind the grade boundaries for FP2 and FP3 are around 58/75 for an A usually, so it's not so bad.
Oh... okay, that does make me feel a lot better
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (905)
79.95%
Leave (227)
20.05%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed