Ismaeel683
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
During my Bioligy gcse i did not do anything against the rules...exept...i wrote jokes all over the pages that say "DO NOT WRITE HERE" i do this when im stressed so i was wondering if i will get exam disaualified because of this. Btw i covered each page that said this.

Edit: So it's been over a year since my exams and i'm happy to report that i did NOT get disqualified. In fact i got an A in the exam and did pretty well in my GCSE's in general. I'm now going to a grammer school sixth form, so i guess it all turned out great. Thank you everyone for your help and i'm glad i was able to make some of you laugh.
Last edited by Ismaeel683; 1 year ago
username2911200
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Ismaeel683)
During my Bioligy gcse i did not do anything against the rules...exept...i wrote jokes all over the pages that say "DO NOT WRITE HERE" i do this when im stressed so i was wondering if i will get exam disaualified because of this. Btw i covered each page that said this.
Why could you not ask for scrap paper to do this? Scrap paper can be provided simply by asking an invigilator in any exam.
Meg1458
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Those pages say ‘DO NOT WRITE HERE’ as they are not scanned by the computer so any work on them will not be sent to an examiner. It is very unlikely that anyone will see the jokes and if they do, I doubt you’ll be disqualified for it.
bazzakowski
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hahahha this made me laugh, I used to love doing this. But I can't answer your question. I never got disqualified but I think I get my doodling within the margins, lol
gracielyons15
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I think it just says that so everyone knows nothing outside that box is marked, although it might have something to do with interfering with the barcodes at the bottom, idk but I doubt you’ll be disqualified.
5000yellow
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Most likely you'll get questioned about it, i'd be worried if the marker thinks you're taking the mick out of the exams and they could disqualify you if they deem it right.
Roy09
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
no, you won't get disqualified. The margins that you can't write in may not even be seen, as an electric copy of the work leaves out the margins for an examiner to mark.
annajpg
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
lol this is the dumbest thing i have heard today, well if u do that was a stupid move to do, although it seems a bit extreem to disqualify for something this silly the examiner is gonna have a laugh
_gcx
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
They're indicated as such because they're not scanned, I believe. You wouldn't be disqualified even if they saw them, provided the jokes were benign in nature.
ErwinRommel
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
if you wrote swearwords you could get no marks happened to 300 last year
999tigger
Report 3 years ago
Do as Apple said and write your jokes down on a piece of paper.

Is it so hard just to follow the rules? Why take the risk?

Why not use that time to go over your paper instead?

You will be fine as long as your jokes were as gcx said. If they were not then you have an issue.
Ismaeel683
Rep:
?
Thx guys, knowing that i wont get disqualified helps my nerves. Now i just need to prepare for tommorrow because in have the scariest deputy head teacher that is going to shout so loud when he hears about this. Its what he's known for in my school.
Compost
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Glassapple)
Why could you not ask for scrap paper to do this? Scrap paper can be provided simply by asking an invigilator in any exam.
Invigilators are not allowed to hand out scrap paper.
Compost
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It depends what you put. If the marker deems it inappropriate then they send the paper back to the school unmarked and you get 0 for that paper.
TitaniumZ
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I do not think these pages get scanned
CTLeafez
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Depends if they were decent jokes or not. If it's a right rib tickler, then you'll be fine.
username2911200
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Compost)
Invigilators are not allowed to hand out scrap paper.
Since when? They always do at my school.
StuckInOblivion
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Why ya'll living so dangerously??? XD
Coolgamer64
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
This happened to me There is not much chance of it happening
Ismaeel683
Rep:
?
Oh and kind of forgot to mention that i may have insulted the examiner a bit. I said

Dare me to make a joke during my GCSE? Okay

You

( will i still get disqualified? )
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (26)
28.89%
No (64)
71.11%

Watched Threads