Has anyone had a remark for their past papers? Was it effective Watch

The_Goose
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
if you know your stuff it's cheaper to r-sit than re mark that what Im doing with philosophy
The_Goose
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
it depends. If its the first module you've taken then i would ay wait til the summer. I was going to re sit the B I got in psychology last year because i was 2ums off an A 78/100. but then I got 97/100 and 100/100 for the other too modules so im well over the A bracket. Someone worked out if i get 60/90 on c/w then i only eed to get 56/120 in the final exam to get an A
The_Goose
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
your jan exams dont go on your ucas. At least i don't think they do. I have to ring my uni's and tell them I've dropped a subject
*River
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by xximstrongerthanthatxx)
I considered getting my biology remarked, but i'd rather have seen the paper first to see if i had a good reason too. BUT, with edexcel you can't have both!!!!! SCAM
Your Examinations Officer has been sent a Post Results Services booklet. This lists the examination papers we are able to return to candidates. If you would like to have your papers back, please ask your Examinations Officer. It is important to realise that if you are having any of your examination papers re-marked we cannot send you your original completed paper. We can only send you a photocopy of it. We can only return your original completed paper if you do not apply to have it re-marked.
(from http://www.examzone.co.uk/home/tips-timetable/results/)

That's not true, you can't get your actual exam script back and then later request a remark, but you can get a photocopy and then get a remark. Think about it, if you ask for the original back, they don't have anything to remark.
xximstrongerthanthatxx
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by *River)
(from http://www.examzone.co.uk/home/tips-timetable/results/)

That's not true, you can't get your actual exam script back and then later request a remark, but you can get a photocopy and then get a remark. Think about it, if you ask for the original back, they don't have anything to remark.

I didn't mean that you can't, im sure you can with other exam board, all i know that for edexcel you can't do both. Read the post.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the West of England, Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon - Frenchay Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of East London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    School of Education Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1623)
79.13%
Leave (428)
20.87%

Watched Threads