The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE French Listening 2018 Higher Tier

How did it go? Personally found it relatively easy (hopefully that doesn't mean I've gone wrong a lot) whereas others in my class said they guessed everything!
im not gonna lie i had a breakdown i couldnt do it
ngl i didnt even listen to it, I gave up half way through and guessed it all
Reply 3
Original post by Panda12468
How did it go? Personally found it relatively easy (hopefully that doesn't mean I've gone wrong a lot) whereas others in my class said they guessed everything!

It wasn’t easy I attempted all of them and I understood some of it.
But for me it’s still the hardest 25% for the French gcse ...
hopefylly the grade boundaries will drop I found it so hard 😂
My brother did it (my dad is a native French speaker) and said it was extremely hard.

Original post by Alicemcgrory 1
hopefylly the grade boundaries will drop I found it so hard 😂

Original post by Kev lad
It wasn’t easy I attempted all of them and I understood some of it.
But for me it’s still the hardest 25% for the French gcse ...

Original post by Harry171
im not gonna lie i had a breakdown i couldnt do it
Reply 6
Original post by ohdearstudying
My brother did it (my dad is a native French speaker) and said it was extremely hard.

maybe i'm just weird then, i did spend a lot of time revising french listening though because i would love to get a grade 8 or 9 at french
Original post by Panda12468
maybe i'm just weird then, i did spend a lot of time revising french listening though because i would love to get a grade 8 or 9 at french

he said the listening was hard as it got faster/harder as it went along.

oh dear. good luck! im sure you'll get it
Dreadful is the only word I could think of. And was it just me who thought most/all the answers were B? I got very paranoid and even strated to change a couple based on my listening notes!

But the reading was relatively easy, though the chiffon question creeped me out a little.
Reply 9
Original post by anonymous_1947
Dreadful is the only word I could think of. And was it just me who thought most/all the answers were B? I got very paranoid and even strated to change a couple based on my listening notes!

But the reading was relatively easy, though the chiffon question creeped me out a little.

because the duke was twice her age?
It was absolutely fine tbh, considering listening is my weak part due to my attention spam lmaoooo but the reading paper was so easy what in the world
sameeeeeeeeeee most answers were B😂😂😂😂
Haha yes most answers were B! I found it pretty easy tbh
Reply 13
Salut les gars!

French is my second language (I also come from a family of native French speakers) and collecting info from my mates after the exam, the general consensus seemed to be that it was quite difficult, however this tends to be the case with the listening exams every year. As long as you do well in the other aspects, you'll most likely be fine. At my school, the boundary for the grade 9 was 82% and I attend a grammar school - whether or not that makes a huge difference, I'm not certain.

Bref, bonne chance à tous et je suis sûr que vous obtiendrez la note que vous voudriez (ou que vous méritez!).

Quick Reply

Latest