Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My school were refusing to give us the results for our january exams yesterday, I got really annoyed considering all of my frends had the results. (Different schools.) So...

Yesterday I saw my exams co-ordinater and he sent me to the head of year, she was very blunt with me. Brushed me off told me to leave her alone etc. I then saw my headmistress in the corridor, and said miss you've seen my results, i'm really nervous. So can you just tell me if they're good or bad? She said we can have them, then I said we can't because our HoY is refusing.

She then rang up my HoY, and didnt tell me my results but said I have nothing to worry up. Except one 'blip.'

Get into school this morning, have a huge argument with my HoY. 'I'm really peed off that you went behind my back.' etc etc, I left the room. She has apparently been complaining about me to all the staff etc, one teacher said to me shes been complaining but not to worry because the headmistress is on my side. I tried explaining to my HoY I didn't ask for my results, just some reassurance. But she didnt listen!

So, after my rant. Who is in the wrong here? Me or her? I'm hoping she doesn't read this, but I haven't said anything bad.

ReputationRep:
    i think you're in the right - they're your marks, you wrote those exams, you have a right to see them, especially when you know that they've been marked and are just sitting around waiting for her to move her lazy arse

...well maybe not that extreme - but i thought it might make you smile if my response were angry...sentiments remain the same though - i'd feel (and do) the same if i were in your situation

ReputationRep:
    Your not in the wrong as you didn't have an argument with her telling her to tell you your results. You had every right to speak to your headmistress to see if you had anything to worry about, just say you needed to know if you'd need to get any money for re-sits for the day you get the results because the price raises after march 14th. I just think your HoY felt like you weren't showing her respect kindof like the running to daddy if mummy wouldn't let you have something, she's acting quite immature but just apologise so she can't use it against you in your reference or in the future etc.

ReputationRep:
    Um, you do seem to have come across as being a bit annoying, but i can understand that u were anxious and nervous etc. but perhaps it would have been best just to have waited with everyone else...i mean, you're not a special case. why should u be treated so? u have to understand that it's probs a v stressful time for the teachers as well without people individually coming up and hassling them for results. Tbh, your HoY does sound like a bit of an idiot, but going to the headteacher after u'd spoken to her, even though tempting and it wasnt in a malicious way, was still a bit immature. u should have just waited in my opinion. but yeah, your HoY is probably being a bit irritable due to stress but you have to just remember that from her pov u, a kid, have just totally undermined her professionality. Just try to be patient next time. There's nowt worse than an eager beaver.

ReputationRep:
    Our school wouldn't give them to us till today either

ReputationRep:
    Don't get into anymore arguments with her; if poss., avoid conversation if it is likely to escalate again. It doesn't really matter who is in the wrong but it creates a really tense atmosphere and you don't want this feeling to spread to the other teachers. Trust me, I've been in a very similar position with my HoY.

ReputationRep:
    You're perfectly within your rights to ask for your results, and your HoY is being extremely unprofessional whining to other teachers. You may want to lodge an official complaint. If the Head is on yourside, it should work out well too!

ReputationRep:
    No, not an official complaint, it'll just create more hassle! She apparently didn't get them till this morning, but my headmistress said she had them yesterday and so did the exams co-ordinator. So I don't know.

Oh well. Thanks for the responses.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 7, 2008
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.