Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Every now and again, my ears seem to... pulse.

You know when you yawn? Your ears pop a little. Well, mine have started doing that in quick succesion on their own, just randomly. It's quite painful! If it hasn't stopped by Monday I'll see a dr. but I was wondering if anyone else had had this and what it was? Or how to make it stop?

If it helps, I've also recently been hearing really high pitched noises occasionally. No actual loss of hearing though...

ReputationRep:
    if they're not REALLY painful it's probably just a mild ear infection, i would agree to go to doctor on monday if the problem is still persisting.

I have ear infections reguarly due to having small eustaschian tubes, so i feel your pain. I can't suggest any homemade treatments really, other than for the pain put a hot water bottle over it, OH and use vick steam..its supposed to be for colds but its a good preventitive

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)

You know when you yawn? Your ears pop a little. Well, mine have started doing that in quick succesion on their own, just randomly. It's quite painful! If it hasn't stopped by Monday I'll see a dr. but I was wondering if anyone else had had this and what it was? Or how to make it stop?

If it helps, I've also recently been hearing really high pitched noises occasionally. No actual loss of hearing though...
    No good.
    I think its good your going to the doctor.
    Do you have a headache?

ReputationRep:

High pitched noises are Tinnitus - I have it permanently after having stupidly close to a huge speaker in a club :p:

Sounds like you have a blockage in your ear, go the quacks and get in syringed SAFELY, don't try it yourself! I know someone who did, they pierced their eardrum and it didn't heal for nigh on 6 months - ouch.

ReputationRep:

speak to your doctor. by the sounds of it, you have mild tinitus and it is suprisingly common. 1/10 people suffer from it.
    feel free to PM if you need advice.

xxx

ReputationRep:
    I think I'll pop to the drs. on Monday. Ta guys

(I don't think I'd ever contemplate doing it myself - Argh! :eek: lol)

Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.