I keep falling asleep in my exams! Watch

jakelpbooth
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Whenever I have an afternoon exam (RE yesterday and biology today) I keep falling asleep halfway through. I've tried eating sweet before the biology exam and I still fell asleep. I'm sleeping enough and eating & drinking plenty. It made me miss a question on RE and a 6 marker on biology
Any help is greatly appreciated
Jasminefourn
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
sleep at night! drink lots of coffee before your exam
lulanev
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
ahh, well. do you have any history or family history of narcolepsy? have you ever had problems like this before/is it sudden onset?

what i would do if i was you would be to have some very strong caffeine before the exam and not wear a jumper so to be purposefully cold and therefore not sleepy. if you have any family history of narcolepsy or its really sudden, i'd see a doctor asap.
jakelpbooth
Rep:
?
I have an afternoon exam tomorrow so I'll give it a go, thanks

(Original post by Yeet Vegas)
sleep at night! drink lots of coffee before your exam
jakelpbooth
Rep:
?
(Original post by lulanev)
ahh, well. do you have any history or family history of narcolepsy? have you ever had problems like this before/is it sudden onset?

what i would do if i was you would be to have some very strong caffeine before the exam and not wear a jumper so to be purposefully cold and therefore not sleepy. if you have any family history of narcolepsy or its really sudden, i'd see a doctor asap.
Nope no history of it, I'm thinking of having a small energy drink before the exam and if that doesn't work see a doctor
lulanev
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by jakelpbooth)
Nope no history of it, I'm thinking of having a small energy drink before the exam and if that doesn't work see a doctor
i hope it works out for you. good luck
BlueCactus16
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by jakelpbooth)
Whenever I have an afternoon exam (RE yesterday and biology today) I keep falling asleep halfway through. I've tried eating sweet before the biology exam and I still fell asleep. I'm sleeping enough and eating & drinking plenty. It made me miss a question on RE and a 6 marker on biology
Any help is greatly appreciated
DONT EAT A HEAVY LUNCH!! the exact happened to me before but I started having heavy breakfasts and light lunches and I was very lively for bio today. try it its basically coz when you eat the blood goes to ur stomach for digestion and ur left feeling light-headed. also I recommend having chewing gum before the exam too idk y but that helps me as well
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Solent University
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Mon, 25 Mar '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19
  • University of Portsmouth
    Postgraduate and Part-Time Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (141)
18.24%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (78)
10.09%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (132)
17.08%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (110)
14.23%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (76)
9.83%
How can I be the best version of myself? (236)
30.53%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed