what the hell...all the signs pointed to an A, got a D???!!! Watch

Kater Murr
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You soung quite arrogant to me. Get it remarked, sure, but an A at GCSE doesn't necessarily point to an A at A-level, and doing papers at home doesn't really compare.
jamie_90
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by Kater Murr)
You soung quite arrogant to me. Get it remarked, sure, but an A at GCSE doesn't necessarily point to an A at A-level, and doing papers at home doesn't really compare.
nah I'm not arrogant in person, honestly. Anyone I know can vouch for that, but yeah. Sorry if that's how I come across on here, but I just wanted to get my point across in as little time as possible, thus maybe risking sounding like a bit of a prick. I just wanted to get the thought process going on in my head onto screen...I know I know, exam nerves etc, but I couldn't beleive to such an extent. Hopefully I won't stumble next time...although it would be great if a wicked remarker took away the need for there to be a next time
Kater Murr
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jamie_90)
nah I'm not arrogant in person, honestly. Anyone I know can vouch for that, but yeah. Sorry if that's how I come across on here, but I just wanted to get my point across in as little time as possible, thus maybe risking sounding like a bit of a prick. I just wanted to get the thought process going on in my head onto screen...I know I know, exam nerves etc, but I couldn't beleive to such an extent. Hopefully I won't stumble next time...although it would be great if a wicked remarker took away the need for there to be a next time
OK, well, get it remarked then. English is such a subjective subject; I got 80% in two units in June, resat, and got 100% in both of the resits. I personally didn't feel that the resits were any better than the originals.
Qlick
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jonny0679)
do you think your exempt from failure? The fact is you got poor marks and got a D. Besides, i'm not surprised with spelling like competant
Pot. Kettle. Black? :p:

But seriously, what's with the obsession with spelling? TS: English is highly subjective and often poorly marked (apparently). Ask for a remark but don't be discouraged if your mark doesn't change. I know a few people who were brilliant at English and got bad marks in january, one of them retook and got full real marks on the same paper in the summer.
D00
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I got a ****ing E for Geography - absolute madness!!!
Jessaay!
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by mariad)
Internet slang? Why don't people use the correct format of words, instead of making up their own pathetic language.

Oh, and by the way offence is spelt with a 'c' and not an 's', because this is England, not the USA. That is unless it is 'internet slang.':rolleyes:
You're amazingly arrogant. You say "oh darling that was funny I'm laughing out loud", instead of "lol", I bet.
Why don't you use the correct form of etiquette and remove your head from your bottom, old chap.
Oh, and my browser has a spell checker which is American, it can be acceptable in both ways you know :rolleyes:.

I'd love to know just how BRILLIANT you are with the subject of English <3
Ramos_Spurs
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
isnt it wonderful when people argue about spellings
Yusuf.T
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
God the fact you care SO much about ONE grade truly does show how dull your life really is. Seriously, its just a grade. it wasnt meant to be this time round, theres always summer.
tired yet?
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hey,
I am most certainly not a happy chappy after yesterday's results...the English Literature one (Color Purple) to be precise! I got 60 whatevers...a D!
In my Shakespeare c/work (Midsummer Night's Dream) I'm currently on a high A, might get it to full marks...We did a past paper for purple in class well before the exam, got a B...did a couple at home during revision, got decent As. Got an A in Lit last year, with an A* in English. MY teachers, from what i can tell, are competant, and have, in last weeks reports, predicted me and A, given 5 for effort, and say I'm currently on an A!

WHAT THE HELL CAN HAVE HAPPENED???!!!

HAs it been known for such a fall from grace? Many people in my class are in the same possition...I mean, this is my first academic failure EVER!, and blimey, what an introduction!

Anyone that can offer any explaination, and solve this murder mystery of my Enlgish Literary talent will be given a hefty (metaphorical) reward
Thankyou.....
maybe this will do you some good.
Epitomessence
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Sorry to hear about it, but English is quite a subjective subject to mark. Maybe the examiner just didn't click with your essay.
jamie_90
Rep:
?
(Original post by Yusuf2007)
God the fact you care SO much about ONE grade truly does show how dull your life really is. Seriously, its just a grade. it wasnt meant to be this time round, theres always summer.
well yeah, its either that, or I am very passionate about my education and academia. Also, perhaps worrying about a crap grade is slightly less dull than finding the time to tell me that? I respect the folks on these forums that are here to help, but its such a waste of time to just go around like that. I think anyway.

Last sentence: thankyou, yup at least I have 3 more chances...maybe I'll get the perfect question. (AQA if you're on here :p: sexism!!!)
Yusuf.T
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
well yeah, its either that, or I am very passionate about my education and academia. Also, perhaps worrying about a crap grade is slightly less dull than finding the time to tell me that? I respect the folks on these forums that are here to help, but its such a waste of time to just go around like that. I think anyway.

Last sentence: thankyou, yup at least I have 3 more chances...maybe I'll get the perfect question. (AQA if you're on here :p: sexism!!!)
Touch my body
Put me on the floor
Wrestle me around
Play wit me some more
Touch my body
Throw me on the bed
I just wanna make you feel like you never did
Touch my body
Let me wrap my thighs
All around your waist
Just a little taste
Touch my body
I know you like my curves
C'mon and give me what I deserve
And touch my body

im too busy listening to this to actually post a "comeback" of some sort. Time is limited, id rather spend it being random and to the point then sugar coating things and being fake
Touch my body FTW!!!
sammyrj
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Andy Conda)
You need to control your temper, and while your at it, your choice of words. But lets not be to picky
Let's not get too boring, eh? You've pretty much said the same thing 5 times over. If you don't like it, just ignore it. Expletives are just words with very little real meaning, so why you're getting worked up is beyond me. People abuse the English language in all sorts of ways, many far worse, so get over it.

As for the topic, I think we've established that it's probably just worth resitting. You can retrieve your paper and have a look, but the likelihood of any improvement is pretty small. It was probably just a duff question that did you in.
jamie_90
Rep:
?
(Original post by sammyrj)
Let's not get too boring, eh? You've pretty much said the same thing 5 times over. If you don't like it, just ignore it. Expletives are just words with very little real meaning, so why you're getting worked up is beyond me. People abuse the English language in all sorts of ways, many far worse, so get over it.

As for the topic, I think we've established that it's probably just worth resitting. You can retrieve your paper and have a look, but the likelihood of any improvement is pretty small. It was probably just a duff question that did you in.
thanks for this "conclusion" to the thread It was probably the "to the point" that my essay was lacking. Cheers everyone, I can't wait to get it back now. Look's like my Color Purple will become even more well thumbed then...
yournightfairy
Report 10 years ago
hay
im a straight "A" student.
BUt I gt my results n lit we did the sympotics early in Jan and i bommed, as in also gt a D i have no idea what is going on exept the question was designed to catch us out and did every one as in i got the highest grade in the school.
Some thing has gone wrong country wide in Lit I think.
hobnob
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Guys, please try to keep this on topic. If you want to have a go at each other for swearing and/or for having a go at other people for swearing, do so via PMs.
stranger101
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hey,
I am most certainly not a happy chappy after yesterday's results...the English Literature one (Color Purple) to be precise! I got 60 whatevers...a D!
In my Shakespeare c/work (Midsummer Night's Dream) I'm currently on a high A, might get it to full marks...We did a past paper for purple in class well before the exam, got a B...did a couple at home during revision, got decent As. Got an A in Lit last year, with an A* in English. MY teachers, from what i can tell, are competant, and have, in last weeks reports, predicted me and A, given 5 for effort, and say I'm currently on an A!

WHAT THE HELL CAN HAVE HAPPENED???!!!

HAs it been known for such a fall from grace? Many people in my class are in the same possition...I mean, this is my first academic failure EVER!, and blimey, what an introduction!

Anyone that can offer any explaination, and solve this murder mystery of my Enlgish Literary talent will be given a hefty (metaphorical) reward
Thankyou.....
Wow, the exact same thing happened to me this year :eek:

Apart from that I did Spies, and the coursework was Much Ado About Nothing.
Fillette
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Jamie, re-sit the exam in June after having revised hard beforehand. I was in a similar situation with Biology, I got high As in all my mocks- and ended up scraping a C last June. I resat my modules and January results gave me high As in 2 modules, so now I'm 2 UMS off getting an A overall for my AS, just need to resit my last d grade module to make it a comfortable A.
Stuff happens, you're not a machine and sometimes things go really awry. Just have confidence in yourself, study hard and I'm sure you'll get through.
jamie_90
Rep:
?
(Original post by Fillette™)
Jamie, re-sit the exam in June after having revised hard beforehand. I was in a similar situation with Biology, I got high As in all my mocks- and ended up scraping a C last June. I resat my modules and January results gave me high As in 2 modules, so now I'm 2 UMS off getting an A overall for my AS, just need to resit my last d grade module to make it a comfortable A.
Stuff happens, you're not a machine and sometimes things go really awry. Just have confidence in yourself, study hard and I'm sure you'll get through.
thankyou! will do. and by golly, i hope so!
*wNaBmEdIc*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
one word REMARK
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    MA Performance Design and Practice Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Jan '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
  • SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (57)
19.32%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (119)
40.34%
Nope, not that interesting (119)
40.34%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise