gingerbread10000
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I received my grade for the EPQ back today, and received 49, 50 and above being an A*. As I am looking at top universities, having an A* would be especially good. Has anyone here been in a similar situation? How should one form an appeal email? Thanks!
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.
HoldThisL
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm not sure I understand. 49/50 is an A*.

Unless you have a reason why your extended project deserves an A*, don't bother because it will have been marked by multiple teachers and if the only reason you can give is "I want an A* for uni" you're going to sound like your head is up your ass.
Shuviliaxx
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
EPQ is out of 50, so 49/50 is AMAZING
Wolfram Alpha
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Aight troll
Shuviliaxx
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by reannmull)
For my exam board its out of 54, 50 is an A*, im praying grade boundaries or my school marking doesnt change as im on 50😂
ohhh sorry didnt know. haha WELL DONE! what was your topic on?
Shuviliaxx
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by reannmull)
Thats alright! Medical ethics concerning consent for a childs medical treatment, did you do it this year, what was yours on?
oooo interesting. I'm in the process of doing it aha, mine is on 'How glaucoma testings can be improved'
gingerbread10000
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
The total is 54, and this year’s grade boundary was at 50 for the A*, it’s the Edexcel EPQ. I appealed, and they didn’t change the mark. The reason I appealed was that the way I saw it, one mark could have been found somewhere in the work. A teacher from another school (a family friend) had unofficially marked it before I handed it in, and said that it was of A* quality, and my actual teacher had said previously that my work was of equal quality to two other student in my class, both of which received 51, and therefore an A*. I knew for a fact that only that teacher had marked the work. I had been aiming for an A, as that was what I needed for it to have an effect really, however the * would have been just a little nicer. I hope everyone else’s EPQ went well!
Harry123341
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
oh damn that's really bad what went on there for this tonoccur
janelle42
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
How do you ask for your epq mark. I asked my teacher and they could only give me the mark the school gave initially.
Compost
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by janelle42)
How do you ask for your epq mark. I asked my teacher and they could only give me the mark the school gave initially.
There are no final marks this Summer, only grades.
janelle42
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Wait but I thought only Alevel grades were “adjusted”, not the epq
Compost
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by janelle42)
Wait but I thought only Alevel grades were “adjusted”, not the epq
EPQ was just the same as A level - a CAG - although, as some people would have finished their EPQ it may have been possible to base that on the same information as the mark usually submitted
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you want most from university virtual open days and online events?

I want to be able to watch in my own time rather than turn up live (188)
29.24%
I want to hear more about the specifics of the course (106)
16.49%
I want to be able to dip in and dip out of lots of different sessions (58)
9.02%
I want to meet current students (54)
8.4%
I want to meet academics and the people that will be teaching me (51)
7.93%
I want to have a taster lecture or workshop to see what the teaching is like (128)
19.91%
My parents/guardians are more interested than me to be honest (38)
5.91%
Other things – I'll tell you in the thread (20)
3.11%

Watched Threads