louisedrake
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Quick question about this q:

'Describe Asch's study of conformity. Include details of what he did and what he found.'

I have included Procedure and Findings, but would it be right to include the variations in this kind of question? (Task size, unanimity and task difficulty.)
My instinct is no, but I wanted to be sure.

Also - in the 16-mark question of 'Describe and evaluate Asch's research into conformity', would it be right to include everything above plus variations? Or is it only right to mention variations when specifically asked?

Thanks
shivvs
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I would add them in, just to get extra marks if nothing else. Even a brief mention in the findings.
blessmyseoul
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
i wouldn't include the variations since it's only 6 marks. and since it says describe i wouldn't put too much worry into adding evaluations either so it may just be a case of going really into depth into the aim, procedure, findings and conclusion? they usually state in smaller qs whether or not they're asking for variations or not.

as for the 16 marker you definitely want to include variations and the evaluations of both the original study and the variations as well. it's 16 marks, 6 marks for A01 and AO2 (basic content and procedures etc) and 10 marks for evaluation so make sure you know a minimum of 3 evaluations that you can go really in depth with. good luck studying
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (192)
5.06%
Uncertainty around my education (555)
14.62%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (424)
11.17%
Lack of purpose or motivation (522)
13.75%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (189)
4.98%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (227)
5.98%
Loneliness (318)
8.38%
Financial worries (140)
3.69%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (148)
3.9%
Exposure to negative news/social media (170)
4.48%
Lack of real life entertainment (215)
5.67%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (339)
8.93%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (356)
9.38%

Watched Threads