Help!! Forgot to put a cross in the box

Watch
Amir52
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
So, I just realised, in the IAL Economics unit 1 exam I sat for this Monday, I forgot to put a cross in the box, while answering a question from section B.
Section B was such that, it contained 2 questions, Question 9 and 10, worth 48 marks and were required to answer only one of the two questions. Now, I answered question 9, but forgot to cross the box as I was in a hurry and simply started answering the question!!!
Will that cause a problem for the examiner while assessing?
*fingers crossed * 😞😞😞😭😭😭
Sycaphore
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I doubt it would cause a problem; it will be obvious to the marker that you answered question 9 and not 10. To make sure, I would probably contact the awarding body in some way.
Amir52
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Sycaphore)
I doubt it would cause a problem; it will be obvious to the marker that you answered question 9 and not 10. To make sure, I would probably contact the awarding body in some way.
I'm so worried that, I would have walked into their office right now! But living in a country far away, it's almost impossible for me to contact the awarding body I.e. Edexcel. Last time I mailed them, 4 months ago, asking something, I never received a reply from them.
Sycaphore
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Amir52)
I'm so worried that, I would have walked into their office right now! But living in a country far away, it's almost impossible for me to contact the awarding body I.e. Edexcel. Last time I mailed them, 4 months ago, asking something, I never received a reply from them.
I'd just try and see what response you'd get. Email really early on Monday morning (or whatever time in your country equates to really early on Monday morning in the UK) so you'll be top of the inbox when whoever mans the email account begins work; that might work in your favour. Also, if you don't get a reply first time, keep hammering them, and try as many different relevant and appropriate emails (or even calling them might work) as you can to increase your chances of a response. It's better to have peace of mind rather than sitting with your stomach churning all summer waiting to see if you've lost 48 marks!
Sycaphore
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I also found this response in the "I didn't put cross in Economics paper B part.. Will this be a problem?" thread (https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4514848):

(Original post by TeeEff)
I think it's mainly done for the convenience of the marker as they have lots of papers to mark and so it helps them to get to the questions that need to be marked quickly. I wouldn't worry too much about it if you've only written something for one of the questions
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (13)
14.29%
I need help researching courses (7)
7.69%
I need help with filling out the application form (6)
6.59%
I need help with my personal statement (36)
39.56%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (23)
25.27%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
2.2%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (4)
4.4%

Watched Threads