The Student Room Group

Help!! Forgot to put a cross in the box

So, I just realised, in the IAL Economics unit 1 exam I sat for this Monday, I forgot to put a cross in the box, while answering a question from section B.
Section B was such that, it contained 2 questions, Question 9 and 10, worth 48 marks and were required to answer only one of the two questions. Now, I answered question 9, but forgot to cross the box as I was in a hurry and simply started answering the question!!!
Will that cause a problem for the examiner while assessing?
*fingers crossed * 😞😞😞😭😭😭
I doubt it would cause a problem; it will be obvious to the marker that you answered question 9 and not 10. To make sure, I would probably contact the awarding body in some way.
Reply 2
Original post by Sycaphore
I doubt it would cause a problem; it will be obvious to the marker that you answered question 9 and not 10. To make sure, I would probably contact the awarding body in some way.

I'm so worried that, I would have walked into their office right now! But living in a country far away, it's almost impossible for me to contact the awarding body I.e. Edexcel. Last time I mailed them, 4 months ago, asking something, I never received a reply from them.
Original post by Amir52
I'm so worried that, I would have walked into their office right now! But living in a country far away, it's almost impossible for me to contact the awarding body I.e. Edexcel. Last time I mailed them, 4 months ago, asking something, I never received a reply from them.

I'd just try and see what response you'd get. Email really early on Monday morning (or whatever time in your country equates to really early on Monday morning in the UK) so you'll be top of the inbox when whoever mans the email account begins work; that might work in your favour. Also, if you don't get a reply first time, keep hammering them, and try as many different relevant and appropriate emails (or even calling them might work) as you can to increase your chances of a response. It's better to have peace of mind rather than sitting with your stomach churning all summer waiting to see if you've lost 48 marks!
I also found this response in the "I didn't put cross in Economics paper B part.. Will this be a problem?" thread (https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4514848):
(edited 5 years ago)
Heyyy excuse me, may I ask about how was the final result you got in this exam? Was the result normal or there was no mark for these questions in your section B? I just underwent the same experience as yours in the 2022 IAL Geography examination😭😭
Original post by FionaFang
Heyyy excuse me, may I ask about how was the final result you got in this exam? Was the result normal or there was no mark for these questions in your section B? I just underwent the same experience as yours in the 2022 IAL Geography examination😭😭

This was three years ago, OP is likely not on TSR, and if they are, probably don't remember! Try making your own thread to address this :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest