Feel lost Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Anon as a few people know me.

Hi

Today will be another Friday night where i stay in whilst everyone i know goes out and most likely has a good time,and it's starting to get to me.I just want to go out and relax instead of staying in and doing nothing.

I'm in my 2nd year of uni,last year I had many friends and a very active social life going out 3-4 times a week.But this year I switched halls,and the majority of friends are living elsewhere and my very good friend who lives close doesn't go out but thats because its not his scene and obviously he is fine with that.

I don't want to call anyone because I'll feel like a tag-along,and I did try going out by myself once,but it really was awkward.I've already joined a club and made a few friends there but not the type you can go out with.

Sorry I just needed to get this out in the open,any suggestions as to what to do,feels like I'm missing out on a social life.

Thanks for reading
Hedger
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You're not Lost, man. If you were lost, you'd be on an Island with John Locke and Jack Shepard eating rabbit meat, that's Lost, mate.

All you need to do is keep in contact with your mates from your old halls, ask them what days they're going out. Believe me they won't think your a tag along if you spent a whole year with them. I don't live out, but me and my mates at home and at uni go out quite regularly. You just gotta' put it out there that you're bored and you wanna show them your footloose routine haha.

There ya go, mate. FOUND. :p:
Anonymous #1
Thanks for the advice.....but i can't do it.

At the moment i'm sat in my room listening to music imagining what it would be to go out.It's not a good feeling.
Wangers
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Thanks for the advice.....but i can't do it.

At the moment i'm sat in my room listening to music imagining what it would be to go out.It's not a good feeling.
Just do it. You'll meet someone. Go. Isn't regret a ****ty feeling?

I'm going in 10.

Still here?

Your life is passing away a minute at a time, your only chance; and you're just letting it slip away? GO GO GO.
starsilver
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Why can't you do it? If your worried, wait til a time when you think they are drunk (i.e NOWish!) and call them - as it is not so embarrassing if they are drunk already if you get my point... didn't phrase it very well but i think you get the idea.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Wangers)
Just do it. You'll meet someone. Go. Isn't regret a ****ty feeling?

I'm going in 10.

Your life is passing away a minute at a time, your only chance; and you're just letting it slip away? GO GO GO.

I did summon up the courage once,but i felt uncomfortable.
Wangers
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I did summon up the courage once,but i felt uncomfortable.
the solution to that is simple - you havent found the right pub
starsilver
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
But you haven't got anything to lose! Just pick up the phone and dial!
caloshea
Report 10 years ago
If you live close to them and your desired destination then there's no problems! Just get out into yonder nightlife with some mates, even half-mates!

You wanna try living far away from all your friends (Well 6 miles) with no transport links and no car, now that's a bugger.

Things could always be worse.
campbell87
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Whats the point in living life if its shadowed with regret?? Take a deep breathe and just phone someone or send out a few texts, find out whos out and where and get down there, once you've had a few drinks and got chatting to someone you'll feel fine, plus the more you get out the more people you will meet = more buddies to go out with! Just do it! You dont have anything to loose!
tom_tom_tom
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
If they were friends with you last year why wont they be mates now?

give them a call!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (98)
25.52%
No (286)
74.48%

Watched Threads