Turn on thread page Beta

How to get hair dye off skin watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Just dyed my hair dark brown and managed to get it all over my forehead. Does anyone have any tips for getting it off?! Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I did the same thing. Stuff like baby lotion worked. Have a bath / shower.

DON'T use nail varnish remover. It burns. Thanks to my sis, who used it without telling me...

ReputationRep:
    have you tried makeup remover?

ReputationRep:
    Apparently milk is quite good, although next time just make sure you put some vaseline along your hair line to avoid it staining in the first place!

ReputationRep:
    Before you scrub your skin too much or use anything too harsh have a really close look and see if the staining is on the tiny little hairs on your face instead of the skin itself. If it's those you'll have to shave them off, but they're so fine and have no colour so when they grow back you won't be able to tell at all. Don't panic if it is your skin, I've done it countless times and it's always gone by the next time you have a shower.

ReputationRep:
    Try moisturiser to try and get it off. To prevent the dye on my face look, I smear a bit of moisturiser on my forehead before I dye my hair which stops the dye from staining.

ReputationRep:
    I dyed my hair this morning, and strangely I found that a bit of shower gel worked well for getting stains off my skin.

ReputationRep:
    I'v heard toothpaste helps..

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...6045120AAHm9Eo

ReputationRep:
    erm.... actually i am more interested how to avoid getting dye onto your scalp as stated in dying manual

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, toothpaste is quite good. Although, it would have been better to put it on before.

You could always try bleach but be careful if you do decide to use it.

ReputationRep:
    I find I have to put vaseline all over my face when I dye my hair as a strand always manages to leave a line across my cheek or a smudge on my nose!

I've used cotton buds soaked in saltwater before as I just had some there. It worked ok but it dries your face out and I think it would only work if you'd just that minute got dye on you.

ReputationRep:
    I always use soap and water then scrub really hard.
    Works for me.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.