Jiminiee
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Does anyone have any useful revision sources for the chemistry gcse on Thursday? I would really appreciate it 😊
alireza280202
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
How did you find the biology paper 1 exam?
Jiminiee
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by alireza280202)
How did you find the biology paper 1 exam?
I was quite disappointed tbh. It was much harder than I expected. I left out a couple questions too including the 6 marker on the human genome project cuz I didn’t revise that and had no idea what to write. How did yours go?
alireza280202
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Jiminiee)
I was quite disappointed tbh. It was much harder than I expected. I left out a couple questions too including the 6 marker on the human genome project cuz I didn’t revise that and had no idea what to write. How did yours go?
Really? I ran out of time. But overall i think i did well. But most of the questions were more about common sense than book knowledge. You had to use your knowledge in the stomach and the gastric something question
alireza280202
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
However I should also say that the exam paper was a poor reflection on what we learnt. It had NOTHING about nerves and the brain. But what do you think the grade boundaries are going to be like? How many marks for a grade 8/9?
Hokage101
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
The exam was actually fairly easy, but many questions were not directly linked to what we were taught.

Grade boundaries will probably be really low because so far all I've seen is people saying it was difficult and people saying that they'll be low because we're the first year.
kenpoly
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Hokage101)
The exam was actually fairly easy, but many questions were not directly linked to what we were taught.

Grade boundaries will probably be really low because so far all I've seen is people saying it was difficult and people saying that they'll be low because we're the first year.
Any estimates for around a grade 7
Hokage101
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm pretty bad at estimating but I'd go with something quite high like 72%

Its probably lower but it's always good to prepare for the worst
lilly_xx12345
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Jiminiee)
i acc found it quite easy and when the question about gastric band came up i just used my common sense and said that it makes you more full and fills you up more easily and because of that you wouldn't be able to eat a lot which will help you lose weight, and the rest I found quite easy as well and for the genome project one I made up pure bs and was surprisingly correct when I went home and searched for the answer and i only revised for biology the day before so i was happy, but that is because i like biology and its like common sense to me but i hate chemistry and my exam is tmrw and i dont know **** so i feel like im going to fail as i am very bad at it
lilly_xx12345
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by alireza280202)
Really? I ran out of time. But overall i think i did well. But most of the questions were more about common sense than book knowledge. You had to use your knowledge in the stomach and the gastric something question
yep that is so true x
lilly_xx12345
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

really a lot of people in my school were saying it was easy, like basically my whole year said it was easy and i particularly found it very easy
Hokage101
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by lilly_xx12345)
really a lot of people in my school were saying it was easy, like basically my whole year said it was easy and i particularly found it very easy
Yeah I found it quite easy but I heard some other people saying that it wasn't as easy as I said.
lilly_xx12345
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yeah I found it quite easy but I heard some other people saying that it wasn't as easy as I said.
if we found it easy and other ppl didn't find it easy then the grade boundaries would be low and so we can get a very good grade xxx
Hokage101
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by lilly_xx12345)
if we found it easy and other ppl didn't find it easy then the grade boundaries would be low and so we can get a very good grade xxx
yup
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (52)
28.57%
No (130)
71.43%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise