How important are looks for a male? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So a little background, 21 never had a gf so I got limited female knowledge. So lately I have become obsessed with improving my look as much as possible in order to impress girls. I want girls to be 100% honest how important are looks short term for you to start talking to a boy? Not taking long term just short term.
username2569523
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I’ve been told I look like an Adonis, but I’m quite a boring person tbh. So I’d say personality is more important. Looks can only help you with one night stands, modelling, etc. But for a long term relationship, as long as you’re not hideous (which I’m sure you aren’t) looks are not that important. It’s all about your personality and how compatible you are with your partner.
Ashley Laura
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So a little background, 21 never had a gf so I got limited female knowledge. So lately I have become obsessed with improving my look as much as possible in order to impress girls. I want girls to be 100% honest how important are looks short term for you to start talking to a boy? Not taking long term just short term.
Hmmm not everything! You can be the hottest guy ever but still be an idiot and turn off lots of girls. Just make sure you don’t change yourself just to please others, but to make you feel confident for who you are.
Please can I have some context? Is there a girl that you suddenly like and trying to impress? If so, where do you see her and how often? This can help you start a convo!
CleverSquirrel
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
short term maybe it depends on the situation and who the person is, looks as well as personality are very important imo, looks help but personality plays a big part in the actual attracting bit
Afforestation
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Ashley Laura)
Hmmm not everything! You can be the hottest guy ever but still be an idiot and turn off lots of girls. Just make sure you don’t change yourself just to please others, but to make you feel confident for who you are.
Please can I have some context? Is there a girl that you suddenly like and trying to impress? If so, where do you see her and how often? This can help you start a convo!
Yeah well no matter how stupid and horribe they are, a hot guy will still get girls haha
Xopher_
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It's not about looks, it's about fashion. For example, make sure your wallet is slightly peaking out the top of your trouser pocket, and make sure you have LOADS of notes in it (if you're from america, 1 dollar bills are fine), and make sure the notes are visible. This will make all girls wet within a mile radius. Side effect: You'll probably get mugged
Ashley Laura
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Afforestation)
Yeah well no matter how stupid and horribe they are, a hot guy will still get girls haha
True but maybe just the stupid ones lol!
Afforestation
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
True but maybe just the stupid ones lol!
There are soooo many girls who get with horrible guys, knowing full well that theyre horrible, and then complain when they are cheated on hahaha
Ashley Laura
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
There are soooo many girls who get with horrible guys, knowing full well that theyre horrible, and then complain when they are cheated on hahaha
Yes I know- I personally can’t stand guys like that even if they’re soooo hot !
anonymous69gcse
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
its very important m8. There are going to be some d********
that say "its not about looks, it about personality". Thats a whole lot of BS. Looks are what attracts girls to you. You could have the nicest personality but if your clapped, no one's going to approach you to find about your nice personality.
Brocolli123
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Looks will make them more interested in an initial conversation but unless you have a decent personality or alot of money you won't get much further. Sure if you are a 1/10 and have a nice personality girls probably won't give you the time of day but average guy with good personality goes alot further. I consider myself average looks but personality and social skills are nonexistent so I can't get a gilrfriend
Afforestation
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes I know- I personally can’t stand guys like that even if they’re soooo hot !
That's what they all say hahaha
oliviamay2005
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
looks are important but whats inside really counts more
username2569523
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Brocolli123)
Looks will make them more interested in an initial conversation but unless you have a decent personality or alot of money you won't get much further. Sure if you are a 1/10 and have a nice personality girls probably won't give you the time of day but average guy with good personality goes alot further. I consider myself average looks but personality and social skills are nonexistent so I can't get a gilrfriend
You can work on your personality though, more so than your looks. You could still improve lookwise if you tried, but with personality you could easily built it up to range 7-10
Afforestation
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I think it's more that with a guy, his attractiveness is far more malleable than a girl. For example, a girl is usually either attractive or unattractive and thats it (unless theyre fat). With a guy, he can be changed a lot. Clothing style, fitness and confidence can make a guy jump up the attractiveness scale by like 6 points at times, but a girl is usually around the same. Make up, however, can make a girl who's actually a 4 look more like a 7 or 8.
MonkeyBananaPie
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Most people do get drawn by the look, but stay because of the personality. I think maybe focus on being a nice person to be around.
ElectricWarrior
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
How can you improve your looks? Facial features can’t be altered
arizonaidiot
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I've been told I'm good looking multiple times
Still single brah
Spoiler:
Show

by choice that is

Profesh
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
So lately I have become obsessed with improving my look as much as possible in order to impress girls.
To be taken with a sizeable grain of salt.
Ashley Laura
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
That's what they all say hahaha
Lol yes but that only but confirms what I said. And it’s silly and shallow to be with someone solely based on how they look! It’s utterly ridiculous
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (15)
9.68%
Disagree (11)
7.1%
Neither agree or disagree (50)
32.26%
Agree (59)
38.06%
Strongly Agree (20)
12.9%

Watched Threads