GCSE AQA Chemistry Paper 1 - Feelings, Predictions?

Watch
blackthrn
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Are you worried? What do you think is going to be on? I'm not overly worried for this paper tbh, but im kinda ****ed for the first bit of paper 2.
fsafgwgew
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Tbh, the Biology test was kinda weird. I answered all questions to a decent standard but I just feel weird. For Chemistry I'm kinda confident.
Fazzy_77
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by fsafgwgew)
Tbh, the Biology test was kinda weird. I answered all questions to a decent standard but I just feel weird. For Chemistry I'm kinda confident.
This is exactly me. Answered every question on biology but I have a bad feeling.
Fazzy_77
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm feeling electrolysis, some titration calculations maybe...

Spoiler:
Show

btw I called food tests and it was a 6 marker so you can trust me.. lol jk don't actually
Vintagelies
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Im excited for anything quant chem
blackthrn
Rep:
?
(Original post by Fazzy_77)

Spoiler:
Show

btw I called food tests and it was a 6 marker so you can trust me.. lol jk don't actually
same here on the electrolysis feeling, also for titration i’m not sure but i have a bad feeling it might be a 6 marker. was also thinking there may be a 6 marker on nanoparticles if they could think of one
Fazzy_77
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by blackthrn)
same here on the electrolysis feeling, also for titration i’m not sure but i have a bad feeling it might be a 6 marker. was also thinking there may be a 6 marker on nanoparticles if they could think of one
omg what could they possibly ask that would be worth 6 marks for nanoparticles??
I'm feeling chromatography too now... I bet there's gonna be a 6 marker on one of the separation techniques.
linzzy21
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by fsafgwgew)
OMG I FEEL THE EXACT SAME WAY! I JUST DON'T KNOW HOW TO FEEL,it's like, i could either do really well and get a 7/8 or I could have done bad because they wanted more specific answers and get a 3/4
YusufS
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I feel that they are going to ask a 6 marker on making salts or on fuel cells
blackthrn
Rep:
?
omg what could they possibly ask that would be worth 6 marks for nanoparticles??
I'm feeling chromatography too now... I bet there's gonna be a 6 marker on one of the separation techniques.
i was thinking a full comparison inc properties, pros and cons with a coarse particle of the same material. chromatography’s paper 2, right? but yeah i think it’ll be on that
sultanas
Badges: 7
Report 2 years ago

Spoiler:
Show

If tritation calculations comes up I am going to jump out of the wjndow
Fazzy_77
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
i was thinking a full comparison inc properties, pros and cons with a coarse particle of the same material. chromatography’s paper 2, right? but yeah i think it’ll be on that
Nah chromatography can come up on either paper... but yh it's most likely gonna come up on paper 2.
If nanoparticles comes up then I'm dead. Hoping for electronic structures and bonding but that's probably gonna be worth 2 marks at most.
I wonder what the theme will be since the biology seemed to have a food theme, smh.
ibbyk2001
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I cba with science at the moment. I'm gonna end up revising hours for something thats not even gonna come up on the test
blackthrn
Rep:
?
Nah chromatography can come up on either paper... but yh it's most likely gonna come up on paper 2.
If nanoparticles comes up then I'm dead. Hoping for electronic structures and bonding but that's probably gonna be worth 2 marks at most.
I wonder what the theme will be since the biology seemed to have a food theme, smh.
might just attempt to go for food in this chemistry too and screw us all over you never know
:)Esss:)
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
i think there might be a 6 marker on obtaining pure salt crystals
Fazzy_77
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
might just attempt to go for food in this chemistry too and screw us all over you never know
True. they're so sly.
Fazzy_77
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ibbyk2001)
I cba with science at the moment. I'm gonna end up revising hours for something thats not even gonna come up on the test
I feel you dude. so tired of this bs.
Fazzy_77
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by :)Esss:))
i think there might be a 6 marker on obtaining pure salt crystals
I hope so.
:)Esss:)
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I hope so.
same but i hope they don't have those specific chemical reaction questions like what would you expect to see when potassium reacts with water.
YouAreAYute
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
after the sh*t they gave us in bio and rep. not excited
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (554)
33.93%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (675)
41.33%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (330)
20.21%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (74)
4.53%

Watched Threads