OCR Physical Education (9-1) - J587 - Wed 16th May 2018

Watch
MutC
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hey guys, just wanted to start this thread, so when we do the paper tomorrow, we can discuss answers and stuff here, as well as talk about revision
HamzaIslam
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
So what to revise?
HamzaIslam
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Anyone have a specimen/predicted paper other than the one on the OCR website?
MutC
Rep:
?
I'm just revising from the OCR endorsed textbook, there's really not that much content for Paper 1, hence the 1 hour length, you should be ok
HamzaIslam
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Name:  9781471851728-uk.jpg
Views: 262
Size:  18.1 KBThis one?
MutC
Rep:
?
Yeah, that one;
How did you find it? To be honest, imo, it was too easy. Just hope grade boundaries aren't too high.
HamzaIslam
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by MutC)
Yeah, that one;
How did you find it? To be honest, imo, it was too easy. Just hope grade boundaries aren't too high.
it was alright i guess
Holsxmcm2135
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
How did people find the test today I thought it was challenging
annoymous123
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Holsxmcm2135)
yeah same. what did you write about for that 6 marker on goal setting?
Holsxmcm2135
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by annoymous123)
yeah same. what did you write about for that 6 marker on goal setting?
About smart goals eg specific measurable achievable etc and then how it improve motivation eg have goals each week and knowing outcome and reducing injury but not overtraining by making achievable etc hbu?
HamzaIslam
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Holsxmcm2135)
I did not like that exam
The 6 marker put me off because I didn't understand how SMART relates to risk of injury.
Holsxmcm2135
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by HamzaIslam)
I did not like that exam
The 6 marker put me off because I didn't understand how SMART relates to risk of injury.
Yeah I know it was quite stupid so I had to think outside the box a lot for that question
annoymous123
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yeah same
MutC
Rep:
?
(Original post by HamzaIslam)
I did not like that exam
Here you had to talk about how unrealistic goals can cause injury, eg a novice deadlifter attempting 300kg
as well as how setting too many frequent goals can also cause injury, eg, deadlifting 300kg then 310kg straight after
kaka1234
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What did people say for the physical effects benefit stress?

And the last 4 marker what can we do to increase participation of adults in physical activity? And to get everything off my chest the last question identify two reasons why adults participate less? MUTC any idea
kaka1234
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I feel like I got them all wrong for the identity one I put home commitments and work commitments
MutC
Rep:
?
(Original post by kaka1234)
What did people say for the physical effects benefit stress?

And the last 4 marker what can we do to increase participation of adults in physical activity? And to get everything off my chest the last question identify two reasons why adults participate less? MUTC any idea
I think for the stress question, I put down how physical activity can help boost self-esteem as well as reducing loneliness and making people feel part of a group.

For the increase in participation of adults, I think I put down making more flexible times for certain leisure activities and I put down something else, but I forget.

For the reasons why participation is less, I put down that people have other commitments, and that people don't have the time. But thinking back now, it seems like those are the same reasons...
annoymous123
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by MutC)
I think for the stress question, I put down how physical activity can help boost self-esteem as well as reducing loneliness and making people feel part of a group.

For the increase in participation of adults, I think I put down making more flexible times for certain leisure activities and I put down something else, but I forget.

For the reasons why participation is less, I put down that people have other commitments, and that people don't have the time. But thinking back now, it seems like those are the same reasons...
yeah man i said the same thing e.g. commitments and priorities like family and work. is that cool yh?
MutC
Rep:
?
(Original post by annoymous123)
yeah man i said the same thing e.g. commitments and priorities like family and work. is that cool yh?
yeah that should be calm
annoymous123
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What did u put for those three numbers you had to fill out. Like 30 percent or something like that. one of them was an age
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should 'Mental health support' be included on league tables?

Yes (216)
74.74%
No (73)
25.26%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise