Is it too late to get a new part time job? Watch

Powersymphonia
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I'm leaving uni in June, but I really hate the place I work at. I used to like it, but because I've been there nearly four years and I'm fed up, it's just not the same as it used to be. I'm also sick of working for wages that I can barely live on whilst other people in the same position as me do the same job at other stores for 50p-£2.00 more an hour. I also want to work more hours and the overtime that is available I can't seem to ever do around my lecture times. Problem is, I feel that employers aren't really going to want to employ students around this time of year, especially third years.
eDDeboo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Don't tell them you're in your third year, or say you have another year left as you did a year abroad.
Powersymphonia
Rep:
?
What about if I said I'd applied for a postgraduate course? I'm very bad at lying lol.
FadedJade
  • CV Helper
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Have you considered bar work? They have a really high turnover of staff and dont really expect people to stay very long.
Powersymphonia
Rep:
?
I have, but I don't really want to work at night because my lectures are all in the mornings. I'd consider a bar/cafe job for through the day though. Not a bad idea.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (49)
44.95%
Pro-humanity (60)
55.05%

Watched Threads